General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

So wtf do I do now? (Cracked thermostat housing, pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008
Pinkslip Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
karizzle will become famous soon enoughkarizzle will become famous soon enough
So wtf do I do now? (Cracked thermostat housing, pics)

basically, i overtightened and cracked the thermostat housing....is there any fix for this? (and no i dont have the piece that broke off)

btw, this is not my civic, but my sentra

Old 01-26-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So wtf do I do now? (Cracked thermostat housing, pics)

use that putty thats turns into metal. that thing works wonders lol..
Old 01-26-2008
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

go to autozone or nissan and they should be able to get you a new one. btw what year sentra? heading to the junkyard sometime next week and if i can find it ill try and snag you one
Old 01-26-2008
Pinkslip Racer

Originally Posted by mugenman
go to autozone or nissan and they should be able to get you a new one. btw what year sentra? heading to the junkyard sometime next week and if i can find it ill try and snag you one
94. and if u can get me one, ill be more than happy to buy it off you asap. Cuz it's either fix this car (my winter beater) or spend like 1000$ on adjustables (car is too low for winter) and another 800$ on tires and rims for my civic

but if i ask a auto parts store, what am i asking for? the thermostat housing? cuz ive been checking google, ebay etc etc and all i can find is the housing cover
Old 01-26-2008
Pinkslip Racer

Originally Posted by civicsrcool
use that putty thats turns into metal. that thing works wonders lol..
And I think that what it had before, no way it could break that easy and my bolt is completely intact
Old 01-26-2008
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

is the thermostat housing seperate from teh head?? if it is, u just need what is referred to as the "water neck" which houses the thermostat and sometimes EGR
Old 01-26-2008
Pinkslip Racer

well thats the thing, im not sure if its seperate, and im kinda worried cuz every site i go to, only have the thermo housing cap...but i checked and i saw 1 bolt that looks like it connects the housing to the block
Old 01-26-2008
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

it shouldnt connect to the block, it should connect to the head, but let me look it up
Old 01-26-2008
Banned

both the 1.6 and 2.0 say that there is a thermostat housing built onto the cylinder head, i say u can just get a new one, but prolly only from a dealer
Old 01-27-2008
Pinkslip Racer

so is the housing seperate or is it one piece with the head? i called a auto parts store today and they told me scrap yard or dealer only
Old 01-27-2008
Banned

its a seperate piece on both the 1.6 and 2.0, bolted to the head, id go to a junk yard first, then dealer, its not like these pieces go bad often