General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

2004 Civic Si: Please help locating Cabin Filter

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dstofel is an unknown quantity at this point
2004 Civic Si: Please help locating Cabin Filter

I've got a 2004 Civic Si and need to replace the cabin air filter (ie Dust/Pollen filter). However, I have absolutely no idea where this is located or how to change it. There is nothing in the owner's manual that indicates where it's located...only that it should be inspected/changed periodically (ie depending on normal or severe schedule).

I've searched this site and have come across postings that state the filter is behind the glove box for certain honda's....but have found nothing specific to the 2004 Si.

Can someone please help me to locate the cabin filter in this car and with the procedure for changing it?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-22-2007
Registered!!

chawski will become famous soon enoughchawski will become famous soon enough
Re: 2004 Civic Si: Please help locating Cabin Filter

i believe it is behind the glove box. there should be 2 "pins" that hold the cover from opening too far. pop them out and open the glove box all the way and it should be directly behind that.
Old 09-23-2007
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

first post, looking for help....

sorry to sound like a downer, but i doubt we'll hear from him again...

but yeah, i believe that it is behind the glove box like he said...

for more specific help with an ep (that would be your civic si) check out www.ephatch.com those guys RARELY come over here (if at all), but that is where you should look for info about your Si
Old 09-23-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

just READ THE FREAKING MANUAL!! lol

i agree only one post... thats all he will ask....

well... i say once again...

RTFM!
Old 09-23-2007
Registered!!

dstofel is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Chawski for the tip on the location of the filter....I'll check and see if I can pop out the glove box stoppers and get behind the glove box.

Also: To the couple of responders with the smug references to my "1st time poster" status. Wow...you are correct! you guy's are really observant to notice that. You really know how to make a guy feel welcome. Keep up the good work

Update: Just found an on-line video that walks you though step-by-step how to change the cabin air filter in the 2002 - 2004 Civic Si. Here is the link for anyone who has the same need: http://importtuningtv.powertvonline....l.php?mId=1088

Last edited by dstofel; 09-23-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-23-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL. Nice comeback! Welcome to the site by the way.

Here's a pic of what it looks like on an EX. It's removed in this picture, but should be close to the same place on your Si.

Old 09-23-2007
Registered!!

RogerB is an unknown quantity at this point

It's an easy thing to do once you know how. Just pop out the two clips that prevent the glovebox from falling. (Might want to empty the glovebox first.) Remove the rectangular panel that hides the filters. Pull the first filter out, and then slide the other one over and out. Put the new ones in making sure they are placed in the proper direction.

It doesn't take long for the filter to get really dirty. Putting in new ones should also help make your AC colder.
Old 09-23-2007
Registered!!

MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about

haha well welcome to the site man n dnt worry i was new once too n im still here jus keep posting trust me man its a nice place to be haha these guys kno wut theyre talkin bout trust me
Old 01-27-2008
Registered!!

naser075 is an unknown quantity at this point

be nice every1 ,....we all have been lost at one moment,.....no point of bashing any1 we are all still learnign everyday
Old 01-27-2008
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by naser075
be nice every1 ,....we all have been lost at one moment,.....no point of bashing any1 we are all still learnign everyday
You brought back a 6 month old thread for your first post?