General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Man, i dont like the underside of my car!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
Angry Man, i dont like the underside of my car!

Ok, just recently i decided to try to install my rotors and hawk pads, and i ran into a problem! this is not the first time i ran into a problem on the underside of my car either. Like there are 2 screws that keep the rotor on and the DIY sez use a impact screwdriver, cause of rust, and to let it soak in WD40 so thats what i did. But those blasted screws will not come off! and it sux! gah... time to take it somewhere to get it fixed and installed... crap

1st with my RSX sway bar install one of the endlinks wouldn't come off at all, now my stinkin rotors can be removed... man im just having all sorts of problems ... stinking underside! i wish i could get a entirely new underbody ya know...
Old 05-11-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enoughMisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enough
Re: Man, i dont like the underside of my car!

It wouldn't be any fun if it was easy.
Old 05-11-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

i'm really **** about having a clean car, even the underside. haha.

get some stands for your car, jack it up and rest it on the stands and get under there with a wire brush and start going to town on the rust. then get some kind of cleaner like simple green or something stronger if its all super bad, spray it all down and let it soak, go to an automatic car wash that sprays under the body and let it do it's job. then go home, jack it back up, dry everything, get some rubber undercoating and apply appropriately. now you'll have an ace underbody. haha.
Old 05-11-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

are u using an IMPACT SCREW DRIVER to take the two screws out???

try getting some Screw loosener spray...you can get it at autozone...it is like WD40, but it actually eats away at the dust n rust n makes ur screw come out like butter =]

if it works, +1 for james wooooooooot

btw, make sure ur using a IMPACT SCREW DRIVER
Old 05-11-2007
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of

i had the same issues but for other partsnow my best friend is a baker bar. for the screws just clean up rust put screwdriver in there snug and hammer it lightly to loosen the screw and get the snug fit with screwdriver
Old 05-11-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

use pb blaster. wd40 is outdated and useless.
Old 05-11-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gearbox
use pb blaster. wd40 is outdated and useless.
quoted for truth.
Old 05-11-2007
Registered!!

chawski will become famous soon enoughchawski will become famous soon enough

when we were installing my fogs, we put my car up on a lift to make it easier to run wires. I got really depressed when I realized there are anorexic girls with wider arms than my exhaust. Stock exhaust is seriously the diameter of 4 pencils taped together
Old 05-11-2007
Registered!!

DJ GEE is an unknown quantity at this point

If you can find BG penetrating fluid. They will loosen, then when you put them back on clean the screws and put some antisieze on them.
Old 05-11-2007
Registered!!

vacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by beadebaserr

get some stands for your car, jack it up and rest it on the stands and get under there with a wire brush and start going to town on the rust. then get some kind of cleaner like simple green or something stronger if its all super bad, spray it all down and let it soak, go to an automatic car wash that sprays under the body and let it do it's job. then go home, jack it back up, dry everything, get some rubber undercoating and apply appropriately. now you'll have an ace underbody. haha.
wtf does this have anything to do with the topic?

OP - if you stripped them, drill them out, that's what i had to do. yeah i know, it sucks, i had to do this too
Old 05-11-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

Originally Posted by beadebaserr

See its not like rust just in the under body, its just mainly all the screws and bolts that i come across... i swear when i have in mind imma work on something, i swear that screw or bolt just seizes up and doesn't budge...

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
are u using an IMPACT SCREW DRIVER to take the two screws out???

try getting some Screw loosener spray...you can get it at autozone...it is like WD40, but it actually eats away at the dust n rust n makes ur screw come out like butter =]

if it works, +1 for james wooooooooot

btw, make sure ur using a IMPACT SCREW DRIVER
Yeah i am using a impact screwdriver, im positive. screw loosener spray...

Originally Posted by tuner04civic
i had the same issues but for other partsnow my best friend is a baker bar. for the screws just clean up rust put screwdriver in there snug and hammer it lightly to loosen the screw and get the snug fit with screwdriver
thats exactly what i did, i cleaned up all the rust around it, then hammered lightly while turning...no movement.

Originally Posted by chawski
when we were installing my fogs, we put my car up on a lift to make it easier to run wires. I got really depressed when I realized there are anorexic girls with wider arms than my exhaust. Stock exhaust is seriously the diameter of 4 pencils taped together
umm... just wondering why u are talking about your exaust?? like just cause its on the underside of your car.... or... ummm
Old 05-12-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice

just keep hit the impact screw driver, make sure its turning the right way, you might be actually tightening it, mine came off with 4-5 good wacks, and i mean good with a rubber mallet
Old 05-12-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

i'll try it again tomorrow morning with some PB blaster, or BG penetrate
Old 05-12-2007
Registered!!

metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice

wtf?

neways...gl i hope i dont encounter this when i finally install my rotors
Old 05-12-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaMadScientist
just keep hit the impact screw driver, make sure its turning the right way, you might be actually tightening it, mine came off with 4-5 good wacks, and i mean good with a rubber mallet
Yup, I can't tell you how many times I've tightened my screws down with my impact screwdriver. You don't have to turn it, the hammer blows will do that, its how its designed. Just carefully (so you don't mash your fingers) whack the crap out of it and they will come loose. I used my trusty Eastwing steel hammer.

Another tip. Don't put the screws back on when you put your new rotors on. They're irrelevant and only there to hold the rotors on during assembly at the plant. Your wheels and lugnuts hold the rotors on. Honda is one of the only manufacturers that have those screws. Most everyone else doesn't.
Old 05-12-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Yup, I can't tell you how many times I've tightened my screws down with my impact screwdriver. You don't have to turn it, the hammer blows will do that, its how its designed. Just carefully (so you don't mash your fingers) whack the crap out of it and they will come loose. I used my trusty Eastwing steel hammer.

Another tip. Don't put the screws back on when you put your new rotors on. They're irrelevant and only there to hold the rotors on during assembly at the plant. Your wheels and lugnuts hold the rotors on. Honda is one of the only manufacturers that have those screws. Most everyone else doesn't.
Thanks for the info man , but yeah the impact screwdriver was set to counter clockwise... then i read the DIY and thats what it said CCW then i also turned just add a little umph.. ya know...
Old 05-12-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice

yea counterclockwise is good, just some FYI, the impact screwdriver is only meant to turn the screw a few millimeters, just so it loosens.
Old 05-12-2007
Registered!!

cato1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by speedfoos

Good call, i was about to tell him to leave those screws out once the rotor was free...but you beat me to it.... Here's some Rep....
Old 05-12-2007
Registered!!

chawski will become famous soon enoughchawski will become famous soon enough

like just cause its on the underside of your car.... or... ummm
yup
Old 05-12-2007
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Seems like you have a lot of problems with things you cant get off..
Go to the gym and get man strength!!
Old 05-12-2007
RHCP0801 is my hero

1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TRIZ
Seems like you have a lot of problems with things you cant get off..
Go to the gym and get man strength!!
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Old 05-12-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by vacivic2005
wtf does this have anything to do with the topic?

OP - if you stripped them, drill them out, that's what i had to do. yeah i know, it sucks, i had to do this too
i guess I misunderstood in the beginning. sorry for upsetting you BRAAAH.
Old 05-12-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

ive always used a dewalt electric impact gun with a #3 phillips bit and ive never had trouble getting those screws out.
Old 05-13-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

ok guys i tried the and the two screws just wouldn't budge... i dont know what it is.... i swear this is really irking me... like i sprayed, waited a while, hammered, sprayed again, waited then hammered a again the me and my dad tried it, with no budge... GAH! and suggestions, other than drilling it out?
Old 05-13-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you need impact then. could be fused from heat
Old 05-13-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

an impact wrench with a phillips #3 bit?
Old 05-13-2007
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all

what did you expect, you bought a honda.
Old 05-13-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^ WTF are you talking about?
Old 05-13-2007
Premium Member

its an econobox, why would it have a huge exhaust. buy g35 for that, or even the tiburon lol
Old 05-13-2007
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough

travis, you need to grow some man ***** to take your car apart. dont try to turn the impact screwdriver while hammering. just hold it against the screw tightly and whack that bitch. when you hit the screwdriver, it turns inside by itself. ill give you a lesson at the meet in june on how to use tools.

Quick Reply: Man, i dont like the underside of my car!