General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Motor Mounts or Engine Damper?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Motor Mounts or Engine Damper?

Hey guys what do you think I should get?

I called a shop to order Ingalls Engine Damper ($238CDN) and they recommended to get stiffer motor mounts instead (about $50 CDN for 4). So which should I get? The thing is that I already order Ingalls damper at another shop no deposit tho.

Which will have less vibration and which will have smoother shifting?

I need to make a decision ASAP, if Im gonna cancel the other order.
Old 04-02-2007
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough
Re: Motor Mounts or Engine Damper?

get stiffys man. you oem motor mounts are fine
Old 04-02-2007
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

Dont forget the price factor, its cheaper to get engine mounts then the stiffy.
Old 04-02-2007
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough

hey man its really up to you bro. some people in here got the stiffy and they loved it. so just do what you can handle nah mean? lol
Old 04-02-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice

if you concerned about vibration you should skip everything. the purpose for these things is to stiiffen the engine. the byproduct of that is vibration. IMO Do the inserts and just install the fronts (weakest mount) the vibes wont be so bad as doing the front and rear and its cheap as hell.
Old 04-02-2007
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all

i agree with Mota, inserts will do the job just fine and in fact will fix a broken or torn mount that is already there. i have the inserts on my TEG and they work great. they greatly reduce wheel hop and make shifting much smoother. but i feel the trq dampner will provide more as far as performance.

by the way i got my inserts for $40 off ebay shipped!!!
Old 04-02-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

inserts.
Old 04-02-2007
Registered!!

Hmm, I have been leaning towards the damper.
Old 04-02-2007
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough

ive got a stiffy and energy suspension inserts. vibration isnt that bad and its only at idle. shifts are great and i have almost no wheel hop.
Old 04-02-2007
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough

You have an 01 civic right? I'd suggest replacing atleast your front engine mount because with a d17, the front mount gets torn up really fast for some reason. Even with moderate driving.
Old 04-02-2007
Registered!!

dtjh1883 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got the engine damper installed. It took a little longer than the usual install because I was using a strut tower bar. Long story short, I welded the ingals bracket to the strut tower bracket so that I could use both. Turned out really nice. I recommend it.
Old 04-03-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by _unclejuice
ive got a stiffy and energy suspension inserts. vibration isnt that bad and its only at idle. shifts are great and i have almost no wheel hop.
What did you get first and did you notice farther improvements after you put you the second thing?
Old 04-03-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

im using the ESMM just in the front. the front motor mount on my 02 was completely destroyed, so i bought a new one and the ESMM and put them in. I must say that for the $20 i paid for them, it's been great. It vibrates a little when you go from a dead stop to moving, but after that it pretty much feels stock. we have so little engine room as it is, and the ESMM 100% out of the way. which is extremely beneficial to boosted people.
Old 04-03-2007
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough

i put both on at the same time. i had 3 busted mounts including the hydrolic one. it made a huge difference. i dont mind the shakey idle because i dont idle that much.