General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Thank you and goodbye

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nakattk is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Thank you and goodbye

I know this is not diy, but this is the thread I would check like everyday for new info. Sadly now I must say goodbye and good luck to all 7th geners out there. My 02 civic lx is now gone . I decided to beat Honda to the bad auto trans punch i.e. I traded in my civic before the 50,000-70,000 mile trans eating it's self issue. You know the one Honda is dealing with on a individual basis, and not doing a recall for. So now I have a 05 Chevy Trailblazer. Which my wife will drive and I will now be working on a 1999 Chevy cavalier . Oh well maybe I can make something out of it, after all that one is paid for . I just wanted to drop a thanks for all the help this site was for me when I had my civic. Also, a special thanks to Grey and Gearbox. Their diy savvy and all knowing question help is a Hugh asset to this site. Si's among Lx's , kings among men. Thank you for your dedication to this site. you cannot realize how many you have helped, and the money you have probably saved people with your knowledge. . Happy driving and good luck to you all.

I miss it I really do.

Last edited by Nakattk; 01-20-2007 at 12:34 AM.
Old 01-20-2007
Registered!!

JSpec_JDM is an unknown quantity at this point
Im sorry, but am I reading this correct?? You are going to a chevy chavalier because you want to avoid honda problems in an 02 civic?

This doesnt make sence to me ... chevys have way more problems then hondas ...

Sad to see ya leave the honda family tho
Old 01-20-2007
Registered!!

oh the sadness
Old 01-20-2007
Registered!!

no I traded in the civic to get a 05 traiblazer that my wife liked. She already had a 99 cavalier that is paid for. I drive farther to work so I am driving the cavalier, and trying to get it back into shape. Since it is fully paid for I am trying to keep it running. So only one car payment on the trailblazer.
Old 01-20-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
im hoping honda will help me when mine dies sometime soon. i have too much done to it or i wouldve gotten something better a long time ago.
Old 01-20-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold
still two chevy's, you're asking for trouble, anything american is just problem after problem.... shoulda stuck with the honda... good luck tho
Old 01-20-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
well.......it was good while the honda was here......i jsut hope ur next car after the blazzer will be a honda =]

best of luck brother
Old 01-20-2007
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
we'll see ya back when something breaks and u dont wanan head to the dealership. Anyways, thanks for sticking around and the truely thankful goodbuy. I hope you engoy your new ride.
Old 01-20-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
you guys make it seem like hondas never break. from what ive seen, its only the hondas that break. ive seen mazda go 10 yrs without needing anything more than a new clutch. ive seen domestics just snapping a few belts here and there. and then i come here and read about how people are needing new motors, headgaskets, brake rotors (from warping), alternators, transmission auto and manual, defective shocks, electrical problems, jeez i could go all day. keep in mind, this all started after 2000 models. makes you wonder.
Old 01-20-2007
Registered!!

I did forget to mention. When we went looking for the new car I had a 06 Civic SI with only 3k on it. It was like it still had the plastic on the seats. Simply Beautiful. I owned it for 1 day then realized its cost to much $20,000. That’s without interest and all those other fees. The price wasn't horrible but it was outta my price range. Also, it was picky only wanted premium gas. I suppose if I was rich, and could afford a play car, that woulda been it. The trailblazer was only $15,500 and really is a more practical auto for my life. I move things more than I race. It was nice to look out the window and see that piece of mechanical beauty for a day though. Also I don’t have a garage, and I feel it woulda been a crime not to put that car in a garage. I'm not sure if I will end up with Honda again. I'm a bit dishearten by how I kept hearing the way they handled the problem with my civic. It just didn’t seem very professional. Well, though I suppose all car companies wouldn't want a Hugh recall like that either. Oh, well maybe I will be back soon with a nice new Honda. Though right now sad to say I'm swayin a bit more to the Toyota side of the import tracks.
Old 01-20-2007
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
k cool peace.
Old 01-20-2007
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
why does everyone hate on chevys........most of you idiots that hate them never owned one and are just saying that because some people say that. i had two chevy's before the honda, and my dad has always had a chevy with no problems. my uncle had a chevy 1500 (like a 95) with almost 400,000 miles on it

you made a good decision going with a chevy. i love them and will always and i am willing it give up my honda for another chevy any day
Old 01-20-2007
Registered!!

MarkM01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by JSpec_JDM
Im sorry, but am I reading this correct?? You are going to a chevy chavalier because you want to avoid honda problems in an 02 civic?

This doesnt make sence to me ... chevys have way more problems then hondas ...

Sad to see ya leave the honda family tho
Old 01-20-2007
Dain Bramaged.

jester444 is an unknown quantity at this point
That Trailblazer will give you all kinds of problems... I drove a '95 Blazer that was terrible. EGR valve always got fouled up, brake lugs stripped out, there was no end. Can't say I think you made the right decision.
Old 01-20-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by jester444
That Trailblazer will give you all kinds of problems... I drove a '95 Blazer that was terrible. EGR valve always got fouled up, brake lugs stripped out, there was no end. Can't say I think you made the right decision.
Fortunatly the two have nothing in common with each other.

If those were the only problems you had with it, I wouldn't complain. Simple fixes. Especially compared to swapping a transmission in these things.

Not sure why people have to be so negative about this guy getting different car, .

I can assure you Honda hasn't discoverd the fountain of youth when it comes to vehicle longevity. They have problems like the rest.
Old 01-20-2007
Registered!!

hondoer27 will become famous soon enoughhondoer27 will become famous soon enough
You'll come back to honda just give it time......
Old 01-20-2007
Dain Bramaged.

Originally Posted by MarkM01
Fortunatly the two have nothing in common with each other.
Au contraire. They're very similar vehicles made by the same manufacturer. Now, I'll agree with you that a 360 Modena has nothing in common with a Ford Ranger, but TrailBlazer=Blazer.

Originally Posted by hondoer27
You'll come back to honda just give it time......
Don't we all? As a rule, Hondas are consistently more reliable than other brands across their entire model lines. Check back issues of Consumer Reports, etc.
Old 01-20-2007

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
im the exact opposite............if dad didnt buy this car, and he wouldnt be paying insurance then i wouldnt have it.............I would even take a Dodge over a Honda
Old 01-20-2007
Dain Bramaged.

To each their own, I guess...
Old 01-20-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
peace homey
Old 01-20-2007
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
i have 69,025 on my auto it slips in 3gear when is cold but when its warm it does not do it.

i just need it last me atlest two more months befor i trade her in.
Old 01-20-2007
Registered!!

Stevenjuke is an unknown quantity at this point
Soulds like to me his wife, made him get rid of his Honda, becuase she likes chevys better.
Old 01-20-2007
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
Good luck man, hope everything goes well with the chevy.

Au contraire. They're very similar vehicles made by the same manufacturer. Now, I'll agree with you that a 360 Modena has nothing in common with a Ford Ranger, but TrailBlazer=Blazer.
I think he was getting at that they redesigned the car. We know its the same model but the new TrailBlazers have I6 instead of the i4 or v6 they use to have.

Oh, and once I get out of college the vic is gone. Prolly won't be getting another honda
Old 01-20-2007
Registered!!

Au contraire. They're very similar vehicles made by the same manufacturer. Now, I'll agree with you that a 360 Modena has nothing in common with a Ford Ranger, but TrailBlazer=Blazer
They're made by the same manufacurer? Good info, lol.

Everything on the two vehicles is different, engine, tranny, frame, interior, body, entire engine control management system, etc. etc. I'd say that's enough to say they're different vehicles.

I guess a Vette is the same as a Chevette too, .
Old 01-20-2007
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough
Chevy and Honda both have good vehicles. However, I would much rather have a honda compact or midsize car than a chevy. Likewise, I would never buy a honda truck. I would much rather take a silverado over a ridgeline anyday.
Old 01-20-2007
Registered!!

K20A_Wanabe is an unknown quantity at this point
It all depends on how hard you are on a car, but some can take more crap than others. My 02 civic manual has 70k+ miles and thats with a heavy foot and i have had some problems because i moded it and abused it. Now my g/fs moms car has 04 80k civic auto and has no problems at all but not a inmature driver. The only bad thing that happened to my car is the tranny went out and that might of been because of my accident too. I have over reved my car up to 8k but luckley nothing happened. Just enjoy what you drive, who cares what other people think. Trust me i don't car what others think(dumb mustang people )
Old 01-20-2007
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
Once you go Honda, you always grow fonda (of them)...

Old 01-21-2007

Originally Posted by MarkM01
I guess a Vette is the same as a Chevette too, .
bwaahaha Chevettes are cool as hell!