Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

For Those Of Us Who Missed The Chance...A Second Goodbye To Samari

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
For Those Of Us Who Missed The Chance...A Second Goodbye To Samari

I joined the forums a few days after Samuel RIP thread closed. I have absolutely no clue of who he was, but we just had a recent passing on the srtforums and I did know that person and saw what it did to the forums in general.

So I created this thread to say my own personal goodbye and give all those who, for whatever reason, missed their chance to say goodbye. I first read the RIP thread, every page, and the articles on his death. Then I searched his username and read every thread he started and every post he ever wrote. Trust me, it was a mountain.

Usually during a time like this people can put a good spin on a not-so-nice person and paint them in a better light than they really deserve, mostly because there is no reason to trash someone during a time like this. I've seen cases where people outright lie. This is not the case concerning Sam. After reading what I have, I was honestly shocked to see that Samuel was not outright mean to a person. NOT ONCE! He was always kind and considerate as well as well informed. When he was not, he listened well and asked good questions.

His car, in my opinion, was very clean and a all his mods were good investments in terms of speed per dollar spent. He obviously knew his **** about his car and cars in general. From the tiny bit about his girlfriend, it seemed like he was head over heels for her and treated her like a princess.

As far as the accident, most of my family lives in the south. My aunt lives about 10 minutes away and is familiar with the crossing, so I showed her the article. She said that the crossing is a huge problem and if the accident happened like the report says then he had no way of seeing that train until he was well onto the tracks. I trust her judgement, and that makes my stomach turn to think that some witness (who is probably some old soccer mom biased against him because he's a young kid driving a hot looking car and who is trying to say she saw something and romanticize the situation to get her quote in the paper) said he was trying to outrun a train that he couldn't possibly see. This is not the Fast and the Furious, this is real life, and by the way Sam conducted himself I am sure he knows the difference.

So here is a chance for all to say their piece if they missed their first shot for whatever reason. After reading so much about this person I feel like I have some sort of connection as well, although I would not dare say as strong as most of you on here. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

Lots of people know me for being able to find a silver lining in everything, so here it is for his death: first of all it was quick. secondly, it was with his girlfriend so they may go to heaven together and enjoy being together for eternity. third, he's up there with all the tools and aftermarket parts he could ever wish for. I bet he's up there just wishing he could come back for a day to roast us with his 10 second civic. farewell sam, I can't wait to shake your hand when I get up there myself.
Old 08-07-2004
I am your Mom's Hero!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

KnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really nice
^^^You are awesome my friend....R.I.P. Sam...
Old 08-07-2004
Banned

DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
thanks. RIP sam

bump...I'm gonna keep this up for a week, I think that's plenty of time for everyone
Old 08-07-2004
JX6
Redline Adrenaline VP

JX6 has a spectacular aura aboutJX6 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DodgeNeonSRT-4
thanks. RIP sam

bump...I'm gonna keep this up for a week, I think that's plenty of time for everyone
You haven't been here long,but I can already tell you are going to a great member,well seems like you already are.
Old 08-07-2004
Registered!!

xtreme26 has a spectacular aura aboutxtreme26 has a spectacular aura aboutxtreme26 has a spectacular aura about
R.I.P sam, we will all miss u, even tho i didnt get to know u very well
Old 08-07-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
R.I.P Sam.
Old 08-07-2004
K20 Member

ImportRacer2123 is an unknown quantity at this point
R.I.P. Sam
Old 08-07-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
i still remember the night he couldn't get his oil pan off to install his return line fitting for his turbo. He posted a thread with his #......i called, his sister answered and it took him like 5 min to pick up cuz he was working on his car hardcore waiting till he can finally boost. I gave him some tips, he took my advice and was very grateful that i had helped him.

I'll miss you bro
Old 08-07-2004
Registered!!

papi2001civic is an unknown quantity at this point
r.i.p samari ..... i havent been on the forums for a month and had no clue what happened.... it deeply saddens me to hear of this..... my thoughts are with his friends and family
Old 08-07-2004
Jam out with your clam out.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
RIP man
Old 08-07-2004
Registered!!

7thGenLX is an unknown quantity at this point
RIP Man u were a great person with a sick car and always nice
Old 08-07-2004
MmmMMm.. I smell boost!

joski will become famous soon enough
You my friend, are a very very awesome person.. I never knew Samari but my condolences.. This second thread was a nice opportunity for me to say that and give you props for being such an awesome person.
Old 08-07-2004
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
RIP Sam, my prayers go out to the family
Old 08-08-2004
Registered!!

sCoTtEh is an unknown quantity at this point
R.i.p
Old 08-08-2004
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
R.i.p
Old 08-08-2004
Registered!!

TMRakip is an unknown quantity at this point
RIP Sam, Props to SRT-4someting or other. Good thread!
Old 08-08-2004
Boosted Auto Sedan Project In Progress

02sleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
good friend you are even though i did not know him from what i here he was a great guy R.I.P.
Old 08-08-2004
Banned

What I really don't understand is why that lady said what she did. I mean, why do you have to lie like that? You would have gotten your quote in the paper anyway, you don't have to sensationalize it.

I guarantee that 90% of the people who read that article will not sit down and put some thought into it like we did here...they read the article and that lady's quote and they have thoughts like "goddamn street racers, oh well that's one less to kill innocent little me." I fear that most people who know of his death and do not know him will think he died being a foolish driver. That's really not fair to him.

It's ok Sam. Your friends on this forum know the truth, and so does your family. We will forever respect you. I still look forward to that race when I get up there.
Old 08-08-2004
JDM - fanatic

edoprasetyo is an unknown quantity at this point
R.i.p Sam
Old 08-09-2004
Banned

PeN8503 is an unknown quantity at this point
you are a very remarkable person for just joining this forum and to make a thread like this.....much respect, much props to you man
rip sam
Old 08-17-2004
Banned

can a mod please lock this thread?

rest in peace sam
Old 08-17-2004
w00t

acurastype01 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeh well said srt R.I.P.
Old 08-17-2004

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
when someone close to me passes i like to think that that person was just do great that someone up there just wanted to spend some time wih them too. Sam you def. will be missed here on the forum and by all.You Will never be forgoten.R.I.P