General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

How can I put power switch in our car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VTecnology is an unknown quantity at this point
How can I put power switch in our car?

I have a neon light about 9" long. I was wondering if neone of u guys can help/ show me how i can wire the light so it could have it's own on/off/ switch. I'm gonna put it on my backseat.
Old 03-17-2002
SuperMODrizd
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
if ur looking for a place to put the switch....i have a switch for the power to my amp, and its just left of the cig lighter, i think that if u have to fog lights option then u cant put it there. if u dont have a sunroof then there should be a spot to the left of the stering wheel
Old 03-17-2002
Registered!!

mpcivic2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
if a switch didn't come with the neon you're going to have to make your own switch, maybe you can find one at radio shack or any electronics store, possibly home depot. you might want to find another location for the switch besides the back seat, wouldn't that look weird? but anyway just run the neon wire from a power source to the switch.
Old 03-18-2002
Registered!!

KevinFWB is an unknown quantity at this point
ATTN: VTecnology
DO NOT Run the power wire directly to your switch. Most switches can not handle the current draw. You need to use a relay and have the switch provide the low current 12V+ or the ground for the relay. If you need further explination of how to hook it up to a relay, let me know. I'll be glad to draw up a diagram for you. You can pick up a simple toggle switch at Radio Shack for a few dollars. Any ON/OFF switch that you find and like will work fine.
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

MadDem13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have neon lights under my dash which I wired to the power outlet (cig lighter) in the center console. As far as the switch goes I used an idea that I saw on this site. There is a small storage compartment underneath the power outlet and in front of your cup holders. If you remove this piece, the actual storage bin is screwed to the back. I cut a piece of plexiglass to fit this space and then cut holes in this piece for the switches. Being that the plexiglass is clear and lets you see behind it, I painted the piece silver to match the car's trim.

There are some other threads in the forum that might help you more, just try a search and see what you get [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]