General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Pedal Cover Accelerator drill points?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006
skate or die

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
Pedal Cover Accelerator drill points?

First of all, thanks for looking. After asking Gearbox about this, I decided to make a thread to help myself, and other members. Does anyone have information on the DIY for manual pedal covers drill points for the accelerator pedal? I have made some measurements, but there are only a few spots to drill without hitting the metal bar. Thanks for any help!
Old 05-24-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Honestly... one of the easiest things to do would be to unbolt the entire gas pedal arm. Once the entire pedal/arm is off the car... find a good spot, mark it and drill.
Without knowing what kinda pedals you have or knowing what they look like I couldn't possibly tell you where to drill.
Old 05-24-2006
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
You are absolutley correct, but I do not know how to take it off.

They are sparco pedal covers

Old 05-24-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Look under your dash and follow the gas pedal arm... you'll see a bolt or two... just take a ratchet and unbolt it.

If you're having trouble finding a spot to drill... try taking it to a shop and have them weld it from behind.
Old 05-24-2006
skate or die

Cool thanks R1, I am going to see what I can do. I just hope it comes out clean.
Old 05-24-2006
4 cyclinders down, 4 to go.....

acjones21 is an unknown quantity at this point
sell those covers and get ones that have the holes offset. I have those covers and the bolt holes align with the THICK metal bar on that back of the pedal. you have to offset the pedal and it 1)looks gay 2) takes FOREVER to drill out. I took over an hour and ruined 2 drill bits trying to line up the pedal cover. GET ONES WITH OFFSET HOLES!
Old 05-24-2006
skate or die

anyways, here is a pic of a set of pedals that resemble mine. I think the install is alright. They have the same mounting points. The extra hole on the accelerator would help my situation though.

Last edited by Tragedy; 05-24-2006 at 07:18 PM.