General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

wow finally got my foglight

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CIVIC X3 is on a distinguished road
wow finally got my foglight

so...i finally got thru with gettin my foglights from ebay, and i was wondering for the people who got the foglight and did it themselves. is dere any tip or help you can give me before i start puttin the foglight in myself. so far i know that i have to take out the front bumper, cut the black piece out to put the foglight in, and have to take almost all the front interior piece to run the wires through. the thing is mines didnt come with any hardware pieces? i had to go and buy the bolts. i also got the zip ties and everything too. but do i really need the relay bracket? thnx in advance. anything would be helpful.
Old 03-08-2006
Registered!!

C-Mo is an unknown quantity at this point
can you post a link to the ones you purchased?? I would like to know if they're the same ones I plan on purchasing.
Old 03-09-2006
Registered!!

o sry dude...my brother brought dese for me as a present.
Old 03-09-2006
Registered!!

CivicSky is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you getting OEM (or OEM "style") fog or some aftermarket fog? If youa re getting the OEM ones, then what year your car is? 01-03 bumper is different from 04-05. Following is the hole on my 02
Old 03-09-2006
Registered!!

ok...so i have an 05 civic ex. i brought the ebay foglights...and followed the handaaccessories instructions. but for some reason. the instructions has more plug then the wire harness from ebay. =/...and rite now i'm really stuck. i have no clue where to plug the wires. *sigh
Old 03-09-2006
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
the OEM plugs will be different than the ebay/aftermarket ones, as they have to change something on it. the only plugs that are like the OEM ones will be where they connect TO the car (to get power to the lights)

where ya from?
Old 03-09-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
you see the triangle thing in the front bumper...ju can just break the tabs and pop it out
Old 03-09-2006
Registered!!

i've been workin on the foglight since 9am...and its 1 rite now and i still have no clue where to plug the relay, because the oem ones say plug it to the relay block which the ebay ones does not have! dere is also a green, white, grey, and ground which i do not know which one goes to which. i already put the foglights in the bumper, and wire the ones that plug into the foglights to the car already, den i connect that to the subharness, now i'm stuck. i live in s.f. anyone know where the link to the diy? i've been tryin to find it, but only the 01-03 pops up. i need the 04-05...
Old 03-09-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
there is a fuse box under the dashboard on the driver side where u plug in the either white or yellow connector (i think its white) than the green one goes into the switch and gret into brown....ground wire goes onto a bolt under the dash which is connected straight to bare metal
Old 03-09-2006
Registered!!

aznrocka is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah i bought the ebay 04-05 fogs and it was a headache. the install is pretty simple with the mian tools. the holes on the bumper are basically precut...they come out real easy and i used a blade from a hand saw to cut the out. I also had to go get bolts b/c mine didn't come with them either. so once you get the holes cut out, install the fogs as in the H&A instructions and hook up all the wires. there's a rubber piece you need to pry out with a screwdriver so you can run the wires into the passenger cabin. open your glove box as described in the H&A instructions. Next take apart your center console using the H&A instructions. you'll see a screw under the radio when you take apart your center console that also I think acts as a ground for your radio. I used that screw for my ground. then hook the relay into the one plug of the harness it fits in (white one). the plug that goes into the fuse box (grey i think) did not work when plugged into the fuse box. so i cut it off and wired it into my parking lights. the green plug goes into the switch. but be aware that the switch might melt if you hard wire it into the parking lights like me. my switch melted so i bought a honda oem switch made for the 04 coupe. fits perfectly. the ebay switch will not fit in the center console hole. and the wire harness does not reach over to by the driver door. if you do hardwire it into the parking lots i suggest putting one of those tap on fuse in between the 12v source and switch. and if i haven't left anything out...it should all work. btw, you do not need the relay bracket...i just tuck my relay under the dash.
Old 03-09-2006
Registered!!

wow...thnx guys...i did plug the green plug into the foglight switch, and i guess i need to plug the relay int the white plug, since you said the grey plug doesnt work i have no idea what to do, because i dont know where wire is the parking brake, and i dont want to slice and rewire because i'm not good at wiring things. i was hopin it was plug and play. is there any other way around it?

if you can, can you tell me which wire is the parking light...i might as well take a stab at it...hopefully i wont *** anything up.

Last edited by CIVIC X3; 03-09-2006 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-09-2006
Registered!!

you can try plugging the grey into the fuse box under the dash...search around and try to find the pic on one of the forums...i believe there's only once place it will fit. it's under a grey connector with a yellow wire if i remember right. when i plugged mine in it didn't work hence that's why i spliced it. let me know if that works.
Old 03-09-2006
Registered!!

well...its 6:20 and finished puttin everything back together. i started my foglight project at 9 am. rite now my foglights is for show and no go. i am a beginner after all so it took me a while to wire up everything. i hooked up everything but still dere was no light on the switch nor could i turn on the foglights. as aznrocka said i tink the grey plug does not work and dere was only one spot i could have plug it into the fuse box. now i need some tip on how to splice the wire and connect it to the parking lights. aznrocka i was wondering if the green plug will plug into the honda oem switch with no splicing bcuz i rather do everything as once, rather den waitin for the ebay switch to melt and take out the whole center console again. anyways thnx aznrocka for the inputs.
Old 03-10-2006
Registered!!

you have to splice in the oem honda switch. the plugs will not fit together.