General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

I need help with suspension/tie rod

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sport is an unknown quantity at this point
I need help with suspension/tie rod

alright......i have a 2001 honda civic ex coupe

I recently had to change out the tie rod ends on the car. To those you who have done it, once you take it off the strut, you can turn the tie rod end 360 degrees. I think that i might have done this a couple of times. Plus, the passenger side tie rod was hard to take off so i know i turn it a couple of times.

My question is, by turning the tie rod arm, does that do anything to the suspension?

Cause right now, my driver side wheel look sto have a little negative camber, and my pass. side wheel has a little positive camber.

Can anyone answer my question.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-30-2006
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sport
alright......i have a 2001 honda civic ex coupe

I recently had to change out the tie rod ends on the car. To those you who have done it, once you take it off the strut, you can turn the tie rod end 360 degrees. I think that i might have done this a couple of times. Plus, the passenger side tie rod was hard to take off so i know i turn it a couple of times.

My question is, by turning the tie rod arm, does that do anything to the suspension?

Cause right now, my driver side wheel look sto have a little negative camber, and my pass. side wheel has a little positive camber.

Can anyone answer my question.

Thanks in advance.
Sounds like you need a wheel alignment, it didnt change camber per say, but you prolly have toe WAY off and this effects what the camber looks like whith the tire toed in or out severly
Old 02-05-2006
Registered!!

Sport is an unknown quantity at this point
alright....i got an alignment......

it did not fix the problem......my two front wheels are still looking the way they did.......

any other possible reasons......i'm puzzle.....
Old 02-05-2006
Registered!!

invrtdsa1nt has a little shameless behaviour in the past
take it back and show the *********** that did the alignment that its not right. and ****ing yell at them for being idiots. demand they correct it for free.
Old 02-05-2006
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
if your wheels look like they are off visually, before and after the alignment...you DID NOT get an alignment. Do you have a front camber kit? If yes, did they know you have it? The first time I lowered my car, I didn't tell the guy that i had front camber adjustment bolts, so he spent hours trying to figure it out.