General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Stock air box.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant future
Stock air box.

I had my oil changed at a couple different places the passed 3 times and during one of those times when whoever was checking my airfilter, they tightened the screws too tightly and snapped a pastic piece on the bottom half of the box . So now when i go to remove the top half to check my filter, 4 of the how many screws just spin the nut holding it down....
My question is, can I remove the entire air box without taking the top piece off first? I checked the DIY for the AEM CAI to see if it showed what all had to be removed but when it got to the step of removing the bottom half it didn't say where any screws were to remove it. If I can get the box off I can probably fix the problem. Otherwise I'm hopefully going to be buying a used one from a fellow member....
I don't have the money to invest in an AEM or INJEN intake or anything brand name. Best I could afford right now would be an ebayh intake. And I know you all know what I mean by an ebay intake. One where the shipping is 3 times the final price you pay. I don't know how many of you have them but would you recommend it? It's either that or staying stock, and I am quite happy with the way things are. Thanks!

Last edited by blackBDMcivicLX; 11-13-2005 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-13-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
well there is a small clamp holding a rubber thing around the throttle body. then there's four big brass screws and the engine breather. then you can start pulling up hard. don't forget to take out the sensor on the side first. and if lid screws are stripped/broken, you'll have to pry it open somehow or drill away the plastic. either way you need a new one.
Old 11-13-2005
Registered!!

micks7thgen is an unknown quantity at this point
the ebay intakes arent bad their just not brand name. i have one i have driven 7thgens with aem's and i couldnt tell the difference. but if your going for look buy the nice ones other than that ebay will save you cash if you wanna little more kick in the throttle.
Old 11-13-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

shmik1 has disabled reputation
kick in the throttle..
Old 11-13-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
or...you could look in the FS section with the billion people selling their intakes,ebay and name brand. some guy is selling his ebay intake for like 30 bucks shipped. have fun.
Old 11-14-2005
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

blackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant future
Thanks everyone!
Old 11-20-2005
Registered!!

lc8290 is an unknown quantity at this point
Same thing happened to me. I put a flathead screwdriver between the lid and the bottom side of the airbox where the affected bolts were and pried up as I turned them with another screwdriver. I only had two and it took me quite awhile. The other problem is finding something to be the leverage for the flathead.