General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

need help wiring sidemarkers!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005
omgwtfbbq mod.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
need help wiring sidemarkers!!

I did like the DIY said, black wire to ground, and green wire from sidemarker to the red wire since I want them on with daytime lights AND turn signal, however, they did not turn on, when I wired up the red AND the green to the green on the sidemarker, they go on, but cause my turn signals to stay on at all times as well. Anyone know what Im doing wrong? any help would be appreciated and rep will soon follow.
Old 10-12-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
You're confusing me. Your sidemarker has two wires. For always on, hook one to ground and one to red (parking light). For only blinking, hook one to ground and the other to green (signal). For both, hook one to red and the other to green. then they do both except when the lights are on, they will flash alternately with the front signal.
Old 10-12-2005
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
ok, heres what i have. I have an 05 civic, so on the signal bulb, I have 3 wires coming off of it. One is ground, and then i have red and green. Now, on the sidemarker, I only have 2 wires, ground and green. When I hook up ground from sidemarkers to ground on signal harness, and then green from sidemarker to red on car harness, nothing happens. So I tried hooking up both red and green from car to green on marker, but it causes the turn signals to always be on. I know Im doing someting wrong, just not sure what it is yet.
Old 10-12-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
gear box seems pretty clear on his directions. Basically the red wire is the parking light wire and the green wire is the turn signal wire.

If you want them on all the time, connect the hot wire from your sidemarker to the red wire and the ground wire to the green wire. This way, your sidemarker turns on with your parking lights and signals alternatively with your turn signal.

if you want them just to turn on with the signal. Then your hot wire from the sidemarker to the green wire and the ground to the black wire on the car.

If this doesn't work, make sure your connections are good if your using wire taps. Make sure you have the correct wire for + and - as well.
Old 10-12-2005
omgwtfbbq mod.

thank you sooo much for clearing that up, i know what i did wrong now....thanks alot guys!!!
Old 10-12-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
cool. good luck. Post pics when your done. There pics of my side markers on the lighting forums or you can view it on "my rides" link.