General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Heated Mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MyCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Heated Mirrors?

So do u guys know if there is a kit or something that you could hook up to have heated mirrors. I live in Chicago and I a sick of having ice on my mirrors, Anyone??
Old 02-06-2002
Registered!!

deception420 is an unknown quantity at this point
a BIC lghter can do wonders[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] haha dude i know your pain... well not with this car... i moved to LA [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG] BUT... ya should have gotten the jetta with the heat package... you could heat your ***, winshild jets AND mirrors alllllllllll at the same time. haha... and as far as i know i don't know of a mirror heater thingy... but take a trip to the local 7-11 and pick up a hand full of BIC lighters... you'll be allllllll set. oh BTW... chicago has hills? where? haha i dunno if you know where I-294 goes past the Zenith building and theres a big hill that goes over central rd and the rail road tracks... well i used to think that was a big hill till i moved to LA... now i live on a hill bigger than that supid thing... oh... and BTW where is clarendon hills? i used to live in glenview.
Old 02-06-2002
Registered!!

01CivicMike is an unknown quantity at this point
The "Civic" for Canada has heated mirrors. Maybe the parts from there would work......?

Mike
Old 02-06-2002
Registered!!

Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
I have heated mirrors here in Canada and I love them. I am not sure if you could get something from the dealer to hook up or not, but I wouldnt think it would be too hard to rig something up if you them from the dealer.

Give Honda a call and see.

Crashoveride
Old 02-06-2002
Registered!!

Vinas is an unknown quantity at this point
My LX coupe supposedly has them too, but I dont notice a difference at all?

How can I tell my heated mirrors work? They feel cold to the touch, and ice seemingly still forms on them.

<< I have heated mirrors here in Canada and I love them. I am not sure if you could get something from the dealer to hook up or not, but I wouldnt think it would be too hard to rig something up if you them from the dealer.

Give Honda a call and see.

Crashoveride
>>

Old 02-06-2002
Registered!!

NoI am comlaining about USA, but we d get he cheapest and sh#@$* versions of cars!! Europe had Subaru WRX for the past 4 years, it took them 4 years to get it here. And now the stupid thing with freaking mirrors Canada, and propably Europe has thm USA of corse NOT [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]. Hey guys whoever lives in Canada, could u check at a Canadian Dealer, just ask for the mirror no plastic. Thx I would appricate that [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-06-2002
Registered!!

bhayes82 is an unknown quantity at this point
not again...!

honda's marketers have done WAY too much "research" which has led to just one frustration after another. give me ONE good reason as to why the US civic doesn't get the 1st-gear lock position? do we not have hills? or riceboys? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

obviously, carmakers need to produce their cars to meet different safety and emissions guidelines for each country. HOWEVER, why does this mean that some markets get screwed as for options/availibility etc?

honestly, the auto tranny thing is just some dumb thing that i thought was stupid to go thru the effort of making different plastic parts for the same damn car based on the country its sold in. now i come to the realization that the canadian civic has heated mirrors? wtf! does it not snow in the US?! i live in minnesota, and would have GREATLY appreciated that option.

more stupid differences? how about the canadian civic having a reminder light for low washer fluid level? ummm... oh yeah! almost forgot, US drivers NEVER run out of washer fluid. riiight...

audi changed the brake system indicator from the world-standard icon (the disc brake with a "!" in the center) to just the word "BRAKE" in the U.S. A6 because research had shown that U.S. drivers were too stupid to figure out what the previous icon was. okay, they didn't use the word 'stupid' in the press release, but it was something to that effect... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

even the cheapest cars in europe have a washer system for the headlamps. guess what? during minnesota's winters, a short drive on the highway leaves the front end of my car soaked in slushy snow, dirt, mud, sand, salt, and who knows what else kicked up from the traffic in front of me. and yes, just like in europe, it gets on my headlights too, leaving me blind until i stop somewhere to get them washed.

god.. i could go on and on about just lighting differences... in europe, all cars must have ORANGE directional signals (riceboys need not apply). thus, in the blink of an eye, which at highway speeds is quite some distance, ORANGE means "i'm turning!". BUT, over here we give automakers the freedom to make all-red lights. think about a dodge caravan, chevy van, ford taurus, jeep wrangler. in that same blink of an eye, you see red. what does that mean? is he turning? stopping? having car trouble? never mind the fact that each one of those cars IS exported to some european country, and has different tail lights than its US twin. and if anyone is still in doubt, why do you think honda just changed the odyssey's taillights from all-red to red/orange for 2002? civic will probably be next year, hopefully...

oh yeah, i'll just mention this for anyone that's not feeling jealous yet:
THE JAPANESE CIVIC has optional HID lights, an optional NAVIGATION SYSTEM, optional *ALL WHEEL DRIVE*, a model with a CVT (continually variable transmission), a REAL type R, blah blah blah. and then they wonder why we add all this aftermarket stuff to our cars.... ugh. the japanese civic probably even has better colors.

why do i live in this country again? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-06-2002
Registered!!

Mitchman is an unknown quantity at this point
For Deception420 ---&gt;I live in Clarendon Hills, it's right next to Oak Brook......about 20 miles west of the city.
Old 02-06-2002
Registered!!

1028CiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
i want the heated mirror too.. the new civic sedan i saw at the dealer has them..
it's 4 door fully loaded with sun roof and leather..that model has it.
Old 02-06-2002
Registered!!

jonavin is an unknown quantity at this point
I hear what you're saying. You forgot to add that the Canadian RSX has heated leather, but in the USA it doesn't. There are probably plenty of other examples. But we don't get some cars that they sell in the USA (e.g. Civic HX, Honda Passport, all Mitsubushis, Toyota MR 2 Spyder, etc...). Also Canada doesn't even have a FWD version of the SUVs they sell here... although I can't see why you'd buy an SUV that's not 4WD/AWD.

Just to show you how different our two markets are the #1 selling car in the USA is the Accord, whereas in Canada it's the Civic. I guess we both love our Hondas.
Old 02-06-2002
Registered!!

Jeeves is an unknown quantity at this point
It's cold up here in Canada [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

(Yeah Yeah I know it's cold down there too sometimes)

Vinas:there's a panel beside the controls to adjust the sideview mirrors, it's got like a sideview mirror icon with heat waves coming off of it make sure the light is on. No ice or very little ice should form on them.

Heated mirrors are great, then again I keep forgetting to turn on the heat/defroster that I can't see out of my windows to even use those mirrors
Old 02-06-2002
Registered!!

So??? Anyone Gott Ideas?? Buy A mirror at canadian dealership?? hm?? By the way MITCHELL look where I am from [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-07-2002
Registered!!

Starkfu is an unknown quantity at this point
hey, aren't all canadian vehicles required by law to have daytime running lights as well, i remember there was a factory module for my 94 civic, and i saw some for 99-00, do the new ones have them too?? I want them!!