General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

My Auxillary Port

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005
A big, hairy Kentucky boy
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to all
My Auxillary Port

Ok, so I got an aftermarket head-unit and decided to add an auxillary port since my receiver has a rear aux. in. Obviously, as seen in the following picture, I didn't match up the paint very well. So here is my question: Is there a paint that better matches our interior trim, or should I just redo all of the black trim in this even more metallic black and then clearcoat it?

Btw, the flash made the lower part look not-so-metallic for some reason.

Thanks in advance for the input, have a great day!
Old 10-03-2005

stinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to all
A few days and still no replies.....I'll update the pictures if I ever decide what to do.
Old 10-03-2005
Registered!!

joelwastaken is an unknown quantity at this point
why didnt you just cut a hole out of the plate that you took out...
Old 10-03-2005
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ i did what he said.. cut a hole out of the plate
Old 10-03-2005

Originally Posted by es2k2
^^ i did what he said.. cut a hole out of the plate

There were complications I don't want to go into. In other words, I f'ed up and had some stuff laying around to experiment with. If all else fails, I'll end up doing just that.
Old 10-03-2005
Registered!!

dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by stinkypie
There were complications I don't want to go into. In other words, I f'ed up and had some stuff laying around to experiment with. If all else fails, I'll end up doing just that.

unless you want to paint the whole thing, your best bet would be to just get a new tab at the junk yard and drill a hole.

Last edited by dj02; 10-03-2005 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-03-2005

Originally Posted by dj02
unless you want to paint the whole thing, your best bet would be to just get a new tab at the junk yard and drill a whole.
No thanks to the junk yard. I work at a dealership and get parts really cheap. I just want to see what I can do. Painting isn't a problem at all.
Old 10-03-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
to match it a little better paint it a flat black
Old 10-03-2005
Registered!!

dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by stinkypie
No thanks to the junk yard. I work at a dealership and get parts really cheap. I just want to see what I can do. Painting isn't a problem at all.
haha i just noticed that i spelled hole with a w lol its one of thoes days. anywho if you work a dealership then get a new tab and drill it. alot better then haveing to paintg it. and it shouldnt be much more then like 2 dollars.