General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

for those with sidemarkers... do you have rust problems?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ferio is an unknown quantity at this point
for those with sidemarkers... do you have rust problems?

i was thinking of installing my sidemarkers today. i had it for a year now(still dont have the ***** to cut my fenders yet). i found this paint that supposedly protects bare metal.. what do you think? do you think i need it or will the touch up paint do?

http://www.rustbullet.com/
Old 09-03-2005
Registered!!

pinoyjdmr is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I did mines and I jus use the factory touch up paint on the bare metal parts theres also a spary but to gunky to use .........good luck use templates and mesure real good .......
Old 09-03-2005
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
no rust and I've had mine for awhile now just don't leave bare metal showing.....
Old 09-03-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
no rust here...what u gotta do is get some touch up paint and if your really paranoid than some primer and than touch up paint...what i did since had access to primer and i had some touchup paint...i cut the whole for the sidemarker than i made sure it fit than on the bare metal i got primer and used a small brush to cover the metal...than after it dried i went over it with touch up paint...than i put the sidemarkers in...and boy it looks good
Old 09-04-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
No rust, had mine almost 3 years now, through salty winters and whatnot. When we did my sidemarkers we made sure to use touchup paint on every millimeter of bare metal. Also we pulled the wheelwell lining back and ran a bead of silicone around the sidemarker inside the fender.
Old 09-04-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
primer and paint. my holes kinda rough tho so I think some chipped off when I put the marker in. Just check it every so often. It shouldn't be a big problem.