General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

DIY for headliner removal with pics??? PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005
fuk tha man!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
djspot is an unknown quantity at this point
DIY for headliner removal with pics??? PLEASE!!!

anybody got it or know where I can get it???

thanx

also does anybody have the DIY again WITH pics for the dash pad removal, not the whole DASH, just the the dash pad (the full front part)
Old 08-07-2005
Registered!!

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point
First you have to remove all of the upper trim pieces that touch the headliner. Also, the dome lights, handles, Rear View and sun visors. If you have a moonroof, remove the screw in plug where you attach the manual crank.

If you have a moonroof, there should be three clips in front of the moonroof that pull straight down, Then there should be two right behind the moonroof that you release by pulling the headliner toward the back of the car.

No moonroof, I think there are two clips in the back and the rest are glue tape.

Good to have someone help you lower it since you don't want to put any creases in it.
Old 08-07-2005
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Any tips on removing the A pillar plastic covers ??

I have a rattle on the passenger side I need to fix.

Thanks,
Old 08-07-2005
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
The A pillars just pop straight out. Just pull on them sideways.
The B and C pillars are harder to get out.... You have to remove your backseat and all the lower piece trim in the rear to get these out... and when I say all the lower trim, I mean every pannel in the rear... that's including your rear deck too.
Old 08-07-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
you cant remove the dash pad without removing the dash, it is screwed into the dash from behind.
Old 08-07-2005
fuk tha man!

^^^^ are you one hundred precent sure, I remember somebody saying that they didnt need to remove it...they had removed the whole thing and then came to see that it wasnt necessary...I think
Old 08-08-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
im 500% sure, you have to remove anything and everthing on and around the dash, including the steering wheel. Pull the dash out of the car, and access all like 20 something screws behind it.
Old 08-08-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by R1Style
The A pillars just pop straight out. Just pull on them sideways.
The B and C pillars are harder to get out.... You have to remove your backseat and all the lower piece trim in the rear to get these out... and when I say all the lower trim, I mean every pannel in the rear... that's including your rear deck too.
Actually the C pillars will come out without removing the deck or any other peices. They are actually the top peice back there. The B pillars are overlapped by the rear trim peices unless you have a sedan, then its much easier. The rear deck can stay in place if these are all your taking out. The B pillar also has the seat belt goin into it, so you need to unscrew that too. The A pillar uses a different retainer clip made of a much harder plastic than the rest of the clips in the car, so dont get those mixed up. They should be black and the rest will be white.
Old 08-09-2005
fuk tha man!

the A pillar, those are the front pillars where the windsheild is right???

do those just pop out????
Old 08-09-2005
fuk tha man!

ok now, after the headliner is all removed can you get it out easily from the doors??? or what????
Old 08-09-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
you will probably have to turn it some and adjust the seats. you should be able to though.
Old 08-09-2005
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
Dash Pad??? Pardon my igonrance, are you talking about where the climate controls and stereo is?
Old 08-09-2005

the center part of the dash is a padded vinyl. The section that runs across with the vents, gauges, a/c, and radio in it. Its got a thin pad behind it, thats why its soft when you push on it.
Old 08-09-2005
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by soonercivic
the center part of the dash is a padded vinyl. The section that runs across with the vents, gauges, a/c, and radio in it. Its got a thin pad behind it, thats why its soft when you push on it.

Ahhhhh..... Gotcha.... Thnx....