General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

help with 5 lug conversation with vic coilover

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CIVIC X3 is on a distinguished road
help with 5 lug conversation with vic coilover

i was wondering if the rsx 5 lug converstion will fit with the vic's tein coilover or do i also have to get rsx coilver? because i am plannin to lower my car, and i dont want to get a set of coilover for our vic and then have to get new ones when i do the 5 lug coverstion. also all i have to get is a set of spindles and axles off an rsx and swap them out with the vic rite? and does anyoe know where i can pick up some spindles and axles?
Old 08-01-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Ibtl.
Old 08-01-2005
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
didn't u say u want to swap in the nor cal forum?
might as well do it together with the axles and all.
heck, it might be even cheap if u buy a wrecked rsx than buying engine, tranny, and brakes separate.
Old 08-01-2005
. . . The Master Debater . . .

amhtown01 has a spectacular aura aboutamhtown01 has a spectacular aura aboutamhtown01 has a spectacular aura about
conversation hmm....
Old 08-01-2005
Registered!!

haha my bad i meant conversion...sry
Old 08-01-2005
Registered!!

what is IBTL? well i cant afford everything right now, and i wanted to get started with the suspension first then the engine...
Old 08-01-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
5 lug conversions are cool..but..i unno, to me, its not really worth it, only for some really hardcore modders..that want to make their vic just like a DC5, or make a Type R version of their vic. or just have too much money to spend. lol
Old 08-01-2005
Registered!!

do i even need to do the 5 lug conversion if i do the k20 swap, if not then its better for me cause i dont have to save up for that...
Old 08-01-2005
Registered!!

AlienX will become famous soon enough
5 lug con hives u a larger choice of rims. That is the main reason of converting. It has its extra benifits like brakes, and suspension. All in All if u can put the money towards something else, then there really isnt much point converting IMO. You dont need to convert to k20 swap just si axels.
Old 08-01-2005
Registered!!

so if i get some coilover now...its shouldnt interfere with the 5 lug conversion later on?
Old 08-01-2005
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

k20txem2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by CIVIC X3
i was wondering if the rsx 5 lug converstion will fit with the vic's tein coilover or do i also have to get rsx coilver? because i am plannin to lower my car, and i dont want to get a set of coilover for our vic and then have to get new ones when i do the 5 lug coverstion. also all i have to get is a set of spindles and axles off an rsx and swap them out with the vic rite? and does anyoe know where i can pick up some spindles and axles?
To answer your questino NOt you dont have to get the tien coilovers for an rsx. That would bassically cause your car to be out of wack, since they rsx's have a different spring rate to compinsate for the RSX's heavy body. But to get the half shafts to fit in, your just going to have to suck it up and get some off a rsx, proabably local junk yard or sometihng would be your best bet, then your going to mate them with you stock civics. Good luck
Old 08-02-2005
Registered!!

what is the half shaft? and local junk yard??? i only have 2 and its mostly american cars
Old 08-02-2005
Registered!!

jdm_bb is an unknown quantity at this point
you can get a rsx coilover right now for your civic, but you 'll need to change the tie rod to rsx it should work the other way around
Old 08-02-2005
Registered!!

seem lik no one realy answer the question i'm lookin for or understanding...guess i made it too long...ok here the question again...

05 vic tein coilover = will i have to change it if i do a 5 lug conversion?
Old 08-02-2005
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by k20txem2
To answer your questino NOt you dont have to get the tien coilovers for an rsx. That would bassically cause your car to be out of wack, since they rsx's have a different spring rate to compinsate for the RSX's heavy body. But to get the half shafts to fit in, your just going to have to suck it up and get some off a rsx, proabably local junk yard or sometihng would be your best bet, then your going to mate them with you stock civics. Good luck
I don't want to be rude, but seriously, full coilovers can go on any of the ep3/dc5/em2/es1 chassis. The spring rates on full coils are linear and aren't made for weight distribution. Only progressive springs are made for different weight distributions.

To answer your question, you can fit any of the FULL coils you want, but you might have to do some modifying. The mount bolts are 14mm on 01-02 civics and 02 sis, whereas now everything is 16mm. Therefore coils designed for civics will have 16mm bolts which you may have to enlarge using a drill. In addition, the tie rod bolt end is different for DC5/EP3 and the civic. This is an easy fix. All you need it two tie rod ends that fit the coiloves.

Cliff notes - if you have a 7thgen civic tein coilover with 14mm mount bolt holes then you will need to enlarge them. If they are alread 16mm and you don't replace your tie rods, then you should be fine. If you replace your tie rods, you need to swap the civic tie rod ends back on.
Old 08-02-2005

Half shaft = drive shafts (go from transmission to stearing knuckle) anyways
Yeah i forgot you do need to change the tie rod end also

and robbclark... if your telling me you can put rsx shock on a civic right now, ide like to see you do it and see how high your car goes. and rsx is a heck of a lot heavyier than a civic, and if they dont use shock or coil overs to compinsate for that what do they use?
Old 08-02-2005

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by k20txem2
Half shaft = drive shafts (go from transmission to stearing knuckle) anyways
Yeah i forgot you do need to change the tie rod end also

and robbclark... if your telling me you can put rsx shock on a civic right now, ide like to see you do it and see how high your car goes. and rsx is a heck of a lot heavyier than a civic, and if they dont use shock or coil overs to compinsate for that what do they use?
I ddin't say shock, I said full coilovers. In fact, I have Ep3 coils on my civic that were designed for the EP3/ES1. If you knew about full coils you would understand that linear springs don't give a **** about weight distribution. Progressive springs do because they rely on the weight to make the drop even. Full coilovers are height adjustable and therefore, don't need to take weight distribution into account. Like I said all you need to be sure about for switching cars is that the mount bolt holes are the same size and that the tie rod bolt is the right size. If you think I am wrong, go ahead and ask boilermaker1, zzyzx or civicvtec1ps.

If I am wrong, I will gladly admit it.
Old 08-02-2005

Hey didnt say you were wrong just double checking. thas all. Its cool. Im not a 100% when i comes to suspension, but all i was saying is he can use the stocker civic if he wanted to or even order for the civic. That i do know. Ive seen it done plenty of times.
Old 08-02-2005

If he already has the suspension they why bother. It just takes a little modding to get them to fit.

time for bed for me
Old 08-02-2005
Registered!!

EM2typeflex is an unknown quantity at this point
For the person who first started this thread, unless your intentions are to do a 5 lug conversion for show, it's absolutely unneccesary to convert to 5 lug for a k20 swap.
Old 08-02-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
why it bank
Old 08-03-2005
Registered!!

o thnx for the info em2typeflex...i thought you would need the 5 lug to compensate for the new power...but if i dont have to do the 5 lug conversion..then dats great because i dont have to spend extra money and i can get my rims now!
Old 08-03-2005
Registered!!

ASWZero is an unknown quantity at this point
i got the ep3 flex coils on my em2. they are great, and this winter will make it three years and still riding strong. get em or the JIC magics. quality is in the price.
Old 12-12-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Resurected!! lmfao

Let me get this correct instead of making a a new thread.

02 Civic with Tein SS-P's.

Going to do k20swap and 5 lug swap.

My coilovers will work with the 5 lug swap? lmfao I'm so dumb....