General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

safc 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005
nor cal 7thgens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
allmotor can only hope to improve
safc 2

just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this and would i (vp) benefit from it. I have aem sri, tb bypass, nitrous, removed rear section muffler, and soon maybe header and was thinking about gettin the apexi safc. Also if i were to get the safc is it universal and can work on other motors or different cars, and does anyone have the program or directions on how to install it. Thanks for any help
Old 06-20-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
please tell me what safc stands for and i will try my best to help
Old 06-20-2005
nor cal 7thgens

apexi safc-2 controller
Old 06-20-2005

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
what does this thing control? is it like plug and play for the ecu or something?
Old 06-20-2005
nor cal 7thgens

Here is what i copied from apexi's website.

The Super AFC II (Air Flow Converter) is the industry standard for sub computer fuel control. The S-AFC II is designed to fine tune and "squeeze" power out of existing engine setups by allowing the user to modify the fuel curve with precision accuracy. Since the act of simply bolting on performance products does not make maximum horsepower, the S-AFC II allows the user to calibrate the fuel system in accordance with performance upgrades as they are installed. The AFC modifies the air flow meter/ pressure sensor signal voltage going to the factory ECU (Engine Control Unit) to change the amount of fuel injected. The S-AFC II utilizes a VFD (Vacuum Florescent Display) to display critical data in three different modes.

Features for the S-AFC II include:
Newly designed case and user interface, single button menu navigation, 12 point fuel correction in 200 RPM increments, data storage for two different correction maps, password protection, integrated knock monitor, and 4 different display options.

The S-AFC II, while not completely universal, comes preprogrammed with 15 of the most commonly used air flow meter/pressure sensor maps. By setting the AFC to one of these programs, the user is able to adjust injected fuel amounts by +/- 50%. 12 user defined RPM adjustment points allow for fine tuning in 200 RPM increments. Fuel can also be adjusted for part or full throttle situations.

The Deceleration Air Flow Correction cures erratic idle problems for Hot Wire vehicles equipped with an open atmosphere blow off valve. The S-AFC II can also display an incredible amount of data including: Air Flow Capacity (Hotwire and Flap Type only), Engine RPM, Throttle Position, Pressure Sensor voltage, Karmann Frequency, and Air Flow Meter Correction.

The S-AFC II displays data in three different modes: Numerical, Analog, and Graph. Numerical Mode allows the user to monitor up to four different parameters in numbers and also shows peak hold values on demand. The Analog Mode displays up to two values in an easy to read meter style display. Peak Hold is also included in this function. The Graph mode offers real time graph plotting with a Ghost map trace feature built in. The graph can replay movement up to 60 seconds.

CONCEPT:
Piggyback Fuel Computer with 12 correction points in 200 RPM increments.

CHARACTERISTICS:
Modifies air-flow meter signal (pressure signal in some vehicles) to optimize fuel-air ratio; Vacuum Fluorescent Display (VFD).

can anyone help me with my questions?
Old 06-20-2005

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...=2#post3151843
same discussion different brand name
Old 06-20-2005
nor cal 7thgens

thanks. anymore help or info

Last edited by allmotor; 06-20-2005 at 02:27 AM.