General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Turn Signal Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Htowncivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Turn Signal Problem

I had angel eye projectors on my car and the turn signals were working fine. I just took them out yesterday and put back in the stock headlights, and now the turn signals don't work. The bulbs light up, they work. I can't even get the in car turn indicator to come on though. I know if the bulbs were out, the in dash indicator would just blink fast, but now that's not even coming on. It's happening on both sides, and I checked the fuse, that's fine too. PLEASE HELP!! WTF IS GOING ON?
Old 05-13-2005
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
check the conductor (metal part) on both the bulb and the socket. do the rear ones work at all? check the rear ones and if they are blinking like crazy then that means either your front turn signal bulbs are burnt out or the connection is bad.
Old 05-13-2005
Registered!!

The rear ones work, and I don't think there is a problem with the conductor because the lights come on as parking lights and when I have my headlights on, they just don't blink. Nothing in my car blinks. None of the turn signals, not even the in dash indicators. The in dash indicators don't even light up.
Old 05-13-2005
Balut Eating Champ

pnoyster2k1cvic is on a distinguished road
check fuse my friend
Old 05-13-2005
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
So the front and rear turn signals light up but won't flash ??

How about the 4 way flashers ??
Old 05-13-2005
Registered!!

I checked the fuse...it's fine. If I turn on my headlights, the corner lights come on with them, and they flash when I disable/enable my alarm, but they do not blink, the rears do not blink, and the indicators in my dash do not blink.
Old 05-13-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Htowncivic
I checked the fuse...it's fine. If I turn on my headlights, the corner lights come on with them, and they flash when I disable/enable my alarm, but they do not blink, the rears do not blink, and the indicators in my dash do not blink.
ok if they flash with the alarm, but not with the turn signal lever, I would suspect that lever as the problem. Test it to find out. But first, hit the emergency flasher, do they work then? If so, most likely it is the signal switch. It is only a $35 item from honda, but test it to make sure. If you need instuctions on how to test and get to it, let me know. I have the manaul

Last edited by streetglower; 05-13-2005 at 07:27 PM.