General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

what mods (N/A) ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005
CivicMexicano Is My Daddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
el_ben2 is an unknown quantity at this point
what mods (N/A) ??

well its time to mod my engine....
so i wanna know what mods do u recomend me to do.... i wanna get the most power that my engine can....
i have an 2k2 Ex auto trinny
and my mods are this...

AEM pulley kit (not installed jet)
HP headers
ebay CAI
HP catback (on the way)
ZEX nitrous kit(ill not considerate it at all)

and im plannin to PnP and a millin of 11.2 to the head...
what other mod do u recomend me??

no swaps... and no turbo...

note: sorry for my bad english
Old 04-21-2005
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
trottle body heater bypass, 3.3K ohm resister @ 1/2 watt tolerance (orange, orange, red, gold) in your IAT Sensor. DIY Ground wire kit.
Old 04-21-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
bored throttle body
intake manifold
higher compression (domed) pistons
new plugs if you're gettin nos
vafcII to tune air/fuel
aem cam gear (5-bolt model)
new camshaft
hi flow cat
Old 04-21-2005
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
cam shaft will be out in a month! What what good would the cam gear be?
Old 04-21-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
um to set the cam timing? It's pretty important for tuning, since you can't just slap on a cam and except it to make power.
Old 04-21-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by el_ben2
well its time to mod my engine....
so i wanna know what mods do u recomend me to do.... i wanna get the most power that my engine can....
i have an 2k2 Ex auto trinny
and my mods are this...

AEM pulley kit (not installed jet)
HP headers
ebay CAI
HP catback (on the way)
ZEX nitrous kit(ill not considerate it at all)

and im plannin to PnP and a millin of 11.2 to the head...
what other mod do u recomend me??

no swaps... and no turbo...

note: sorry for my bad english
good luck getting that ebay cai on there, i have an auto and it was very very very very very very hard to get a cai on a auto
Old 04-21-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gearbox
um to set the cam timing? It's pretty important for tuning, since you can't just slap on a cam and except it to make power.
psh, it can be that easy, u should see how fast my car was after all the red stickers
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thefivespeeder is a jewel in the roughthefivespeeder is a jewel in the roughthefivespeeder is a jewel in the rough
try adjusting your throttle cable (DIY section)
Old 04-21-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
I think having the aftermarket cam shaft and cam gear would be more beneficial than just stock cam shaft and AEM cam gear?
Old 04-21-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by booba5185
psh, it can be that easy, u should see how fast my car was after all the red stickers
Old 04-21-2005

Originally Posted by booba5185
good luck getting that ebay cai on there, i have an auto and it was very very very very very very hard to get a cai on a auto
lol its an m/t one but i make it fit... u know... the key of the life is a dremel & ebay... u can do a lot of things whit that
lol
Old 04-21-2005
The Declaration of Independence was written on marijuna paper

Ellocodetroit is a jewel in the roughEllocodetroit is a jewel in the roughEllocodetroit is a jewel in the rough
Buddy club race spec condenser or the sun automotive one

Blahman2 3.3K ohm resister @ 1/2 watt tolerance (orange, orange, red, gold) in your IAT Sensor.
What does this do?
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

mykungfuisthebest is an unknown quantity at this point
the only mod you well get good gain off of is a good torque converter... the autos in our civics are the porest shifting autos ive ever seen. that and weight reduction, good light wheels and tires will get you the most gains... you might see 10 hp gain from a well tuned bolt on package... and from what ive seen these cars hate raising the compression... idle goes to ****.
Old 04-21-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
get some high compression pistons w/good rings and head gasket, upgrde your cooling system to handle the extra heat and make a fuel return line, put a fuel pressure regulator on it run 60psi fuel with 440 injectors. that will give you some power but im guessing your need a vafcII to give the signal to send more fuel, and probably a bigger fuel pump. bolt ons suck its all about internals.
Old 04-22-2005

Originally Posted by ajhdragon
get some high compression pistons w/good rings and head gasket, upgrde your cooling system to handle the extra heat and make a fuel return line, put a fuel pressure regulator on it run 60psi fuel with 440 injectors. that will give you some power but im guessing your need a vafcII to give the signal to send more fuel, and probably a bigger fuel pump. bolt ons suck its all about internals.

mm that sounds me like i need a plan to stole a bank
lol
Old 04-22-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

Originally Posted by el_ben2
lol its an m/t one but i make it fit... u know... the key of the life is a dremel & ebay... u can do a lot of things whit that
lol
good luck i had to have my mechanic do it, it's a b*tch, and u have to bend things, yell that them and make sure the filter doesn't hit the radiator

Originally Posted by Ellocodetroit
What does this do?
tells the ecu that the air going in the engine is colder than it really is, so the ecu advances the timing 1 or 2 degrees
Old 04-22-2005

ok and its safe to put the resistor on the IAT?
whit sure... i mean for my engine...
Old 04-22-2005
Premium Member

i wouldn't put the resistor if I were you. Do the tb heater bypass and tighten throttle cable.
Old 04-23-2005

ok well... and now.... ummm i dont know how to write it down, but hope u can understand me... how much power does the engine can have?? and how much power does the auto tranny can support??
Old 04-23-2005
Premium Member

Auto civics ex starts with 80whp on the dyno usually. I've seen autos making around 150whp after turbo, but obviously it's only a matter of time before something breaks. But for smaller mods like boltons, and stuff, it should be fine. You can always get a transmission oil cooler if you're worried.
Old 04-23-2005

yeah im thinkin in get one tranny oil cooler...
and what about the block/engine?
Old 04-29-2005
Registered!!

mclean987 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey you can put that sensor on iat ive had it for almost a year and i love it if i take t off the car feels much slower, hey gearbox i wanna install a tranny cooler on my 5 speed but im having touble finding a pump you got any ideas?
Old 04-29-2005
Premium Member

i don't think you're supposed to install it on a manual.
Old 04-29-2005
Super Duper Member

DorKyCiViC has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Nitrous All The Way Most Bang For Your Buck
Old 04-29-2005
Registered!!

mclean987 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeh tranny coolers are mostly for auto but they can work a 5 speed aswell you just need a pump and it costs $150 for the pump
Old 05-01-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thefivespeeder is a jewel in the roughthefivespeeder is a jewel in the roughthefivespeeder is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mclean987
hey you can put that sensor on iat ive had it for almost a year and i love it if i take t off the car feels much slower,
Did you mean you have the resistor (3.3K ohm) inline with your IAT? I haven't looked at it yet, is it a single wire?
Old 05-01-2005
...ever grinning...

JesterMasque is an unknown quantity at this point
Over the past few months I've grown to know that gearbox knows what he's talkin about...

Why wouldn't you do the IAT resistor gear? I tend to take your word as the bible...
Old 05-01-2005
Premium Member

I don't like fooling the ecu into thinking the air is always cold. The sensor is there to calculate air/fuel ratio based on temperature, which you need if you have any interest in tuning your car. Ricers like to put it on so it fools the ecu and in turn makes you run very rich. This not only wastes fuel, but also makes more carbon deposits. You won't gain any hp, in fact your car would prolly run worse.
Old 05-01-2005
Wicked Pissah Admin

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
Useless mod that has been around since EFI was invented. Tricks the ECU to think its in warm up mode which causes it load up on fuel. Like gearbox said, all it does is make it waste fuel and KILL your gas mileage.
Old 05-02-2005
...ever grinning...

JesterMasque is an unknown quantity at this point
So the only 2 DIY's so far are throttle cable adjustment and coolant bypass?

Quick Reply: what mods (N/A) ??