Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   General Honda Civic Forum Archive. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/171-general-honda-civic-forum-archive)
-   -   what mods (N/A) ?? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/171-general-honda-civic-forum-archive/208787-what-mods-n.html)

el_ben2 04-21-2005 01:22 PM

what mods (N/A) ??

well its time to mod my engine....
so i wanna know what mods do u recomend me to do.... i wanna get the most power that my engine can....
i have an 2k2 Ex auto trinny
and my mods are this...

AEM pulley kit (not installed jet)
HP headers
ebay CAI
HP catback (on the way)
ZEX nitrous kit(ill not considerate it at all)

and im plannin to PnP and a millin of 11.2 to the head...
what other mod do u recomend me??

no swaps... and no turbo...

note: sorry for my bad english

Blahman2 04-21-2005 01:31 PM

trottle body heater bypass, 3.3K ohm resister @ 1/2 watt tolerance (orange, orange, red, gold) in your IAT Sensor. DIY Ground wire kit.

gearbox 04-21-2005 01:32 PM

bored throttle body
intake manifold
higher compression (domed) pistons
new plugs if you're gettin nos
vafcII to tune air/fuel
aem cam gear (5-bolt model)
new camshaft
hi flow cat

Blahman2 04-21-2005 01:48 PM

cam shaft will be out in a month! What what good would the cam gear be?

gearbox 04-21-2005 02:20 PM

um to set the cam timing? It's pretty important for tuning, since you can't just slap on a cam and except it to make power.

booba5185 04-21-2005 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by el_ben2
well its time to mod my engine....
so i wanna know what mods do u recomend me to do.... i wanna get the most power that my engine can....
i have an 2k2 Ex auto trinny
and my mods are this...

AEM pulley kit (not installed jet)
HP headers
ebay CAI
HP catback (on the way)
ZEX nitrous kit(ill not considerate it at all)

and im plannin to PnP and a millin of 11.2 to the head...
what other mod do u recomend me??

no swaps... and no turbo...

note: sorry for my bad english

good luck getting that ebay cai on there, i have an auto and it was very very very very very very hard to get a cai on a auto

booba5185 04-21-2005 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by gearbox
um to set the cam timing? It's pretty important for tuning, since you can't just slap on a cam and except it to make power.

psh, it can be that easy, u should see how fast my car was after all the red stickers

thefivespeeder 04-21-2005 03:36 PM

try adjusting your throttle cable (DIY section)

CuRiOuSfIsH 04-21-2005 05:34 PM

I think having the aftermarket cam shaft and cam gear would be more beneficial than just stock cam shaft and AEM cam gear?

diskreet 04-21-2005 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by booba5185
psh, it can be that easy, u should see how fast my car was after all the red stickers

:rofl:

el_ben2 04-21-2005 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by booba5185
good luck getting that ebay cai on there, i have an auto and it was very very very very very very hard to get a cai on a auto

lol its an m/t one but i make it fit... u know... the key of the life is a dremel & ebay... u can do a lot of things whit that
lol

Ellocodetroit 04-21-2005 07:20 PM

Buddy club race spec condenser or the sun automotive one

Blahman2 3.3K ohm resister @ 1/2 watt tolerance (orange, orange, red, gold) in your IAT Sensor.
What does this do?

mykungfuisthebest 04-21-2005 07:43 PM

the only mod you well get good gain off of is a good torque converter... the autos in our civics are the porest shifting autos ive ever seen. that and weight reduction, good light wheels and tires will get you the most gains... you might see 10 hp gain from a well tuned bolt on package... and from what ive seen these cars hate raising the compression... idle goes to shit.

ajhdragon 04-21-2005 08:49 PM

get some high compression pistons w/good rings and head gasket, upgrde your cooling system to handle the extra heat and make a fuel return line, put a fuel pressure regulator on it run 60psi fuel with 440 injectors. that will give you some power :) but im guessing your need a vafcII to give the signal to send more fuel, and probably a bigger fuel pump. bolt ons suck its all about internals.

el_ben2 04-22-2005 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by ajhdragon
get some high compression pistons w/good rings and head gasket, upgrde your cooling system to handle the extra heat and make a fuel return line, put a fuel pressure regulator on it run 60psi fuel with 440 injectors. that will give you some power :) but im guessing your need a vafcII to give the signal to send more fuel, and probably a bigger fuel pump. bolt ons suck its all about internals.

mm that sounds me like i need a plan to stole a bank
lol

booba5185 04-22-2005 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by el_ben2
lol its an m/t one but i make it fit... u know... the key of the life is a dremel & ebay... u can do a lot of things whit that
lol

good luck i had to have my mechanic do it, it's a b*tch, and u have to bend things, yell that them and make sure the filter doesn't hit the radiator

Originally Posted by Ellocodetroit
What does this do?

tells the ecu that the air going in the engine is colder than it really is, so the ecu advances the timing 1 or 2 degrees

el_ben2 04-22-2005 12:18 PM

ok and its safe to put the resistor on the IAT?
whit sure... i mean for my engine...

gearbox 04-22-2005 12:35 PM

i wouldn't put the resistor if I were you. Do the tb heater bypass and tighten throttle cable.

el_ben2 04-23-2005 01:01 AM

ok well... and now.... ummm i dont know how to write it down, but hope u can understand me... how much power does the engine can have?? and how much power does the auto tranny can support??

gearbox 04-23-2005 08:28 AM

Auto civics ex starts with 80whp on the dyno usually. I've seen autos making around 150whp after turbo, but obviously it's only a matter of time before something breaks. But for smaller mods like boltons, and stuff, it should be fine. You can always get a transmission oil cooler if you're worried.

el_ben2 04-23-2005 08:31 AM

yeah im thinkin in get one tranny oil cooler...
and what about the block/engine?

mclean987 04-29-2005 02:12 PM

hey you can put that sensor on iat ive had it for almost a year and i love it if i take t off the car feels much slower, hey gearbox i wanna install a tranny cooler on my 5 speed but im having touble finding a pump you got any ideas?

gearbox 04-29-2005 02:29 PM

i don't think you're supposed to install it on a manual.

DorKyCiViC 04-29-2005 02:43 PM

Nitrous All The Way Most Bang For Your Buck

mclean987 04-29-2005 03:47 PM

yeh tranny coolers are mostly for auto but they can work a 5 speed aswell you just need a pump and it costs $150 for the pump

thefivespeeder 05-01-2005 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by mclean987
hey you can put that sensor on iat ive had it for almost a year and i love it if i take t off the car feels much slower,

Did you mean you have the resistor (3.3K ohm) inline with your IAT? I haven't looked at it yet, is it a single wire?

JesterMasque 05-01-2005 09:54 PM

Over the past few months I've grown to know that gearbox knows what he's talkin about...

Why wouldn't you do the IAT resistor gear? I tend to take your word as the bible...

gearbox 05-01-2005 11:38 PM

I don't like fooling the ecu into thinking the air is always cold. The sensor is there to calculate air/fuel ratio based on temperature, which you need if you have any interest in tuning your car. Ricers like to put it on so it fools the ecu and in turn makes you run very rich. This not only wastes fuel, but also makes more carbon deposits. You won't gain any hp, in fact your car would prolly run worse.

Havok2k1 05-01-2005 11:42 PM

Useless mod that has been around since EFI was invented. Tricks the ECU to think its in warm up mode which causes it load up on fuel. Like gearbox said, all it does is make it waste fuel and KILL your gas mileage.

JesterMasque 05-02-2005 02:21 PM

So the only 2 DIY's so far are throttle cable adjustment and coolant bypass?