General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

SHORT SHIFTER, short shifter

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005
tko
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tko is an unknown quantity at this point
SHORT SHIFTER, short shifter

er. i dont understand why my question about a product was moved to the DIY forum when i said nothing about "doing it myself" , and now i cant respond to it so to finish my question i'll have to post again....

this is the pic on arospeed's website for the 01+up civic short shifter adapter, to clear up i wanted to know if that lever is the actual product we get, mostly because ive seen a similar advertisement for my car on streetbeatcustoms.com for a short shifter and everyone on the forums is either is talking about the plate adapters i.e. "dc sports", or complete swaps i.e. "revo ss", the question was answered br CapYoda ..sorta
for the record i know the adapter plates arent the same as shift assy swaps

CapYoda
" er. that particular pictured one isnt for our car.

the adapter for the aerospeed one is just like the DC sport shifter adapter.

and no it wont really be like revo.. sorta. it'll have relocated shifter cable point, but the shift stick wont be lowered or anything.

and why are people posting stuff like this in Off topic lately? post in correct forum, please. "

....So now that i know that arospeed is the same design as the other plates basically from his reply, but i'd like to know are adapter plates or assy swaps the only types of aftermarket short shifters for us, meaning i should disreguard this streetbeat kit as accurate too (same pic)
http://store.yahoo.com/streetbeatcus...inonsi01s.html

if so, i guess we cant just replace the lever... is that an older way of modding for a short shift?
oh yea and if anyone has the Arospeed short shifter does it reallly reduce throw by 40-50%??!!

TKO

Last edited by tko; 04-12-2005 at 01:51 AM.