General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Ponys+Tranny= Pwr Lss...Fix?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005
Broken Arm, How Am I Suppost To Shift
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
down_ should not be trusteddown_ should not be trusteddown_ should not be trusted
Question Ponys+Tranny= Pwr Lss...Fix?

Ok so we all know we loss *** loads of pony's at the crank, are there any significant upgrades that can fix this problem???
Old 03-25-2005
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
If you are auto, a better torque converter? Umm.. other than that.. maybe turbo it so you put out even more power at the crank so you'll have more power anyway! lol
Old 03-25-2005
Boosted Auto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
deciuss is an unknown quantity at this point
for an auto yes a tc upgrade + tranny upgrade will help fix some of the time lost in the 1/4th but im not sure about how much it will help hp to the wheels.
Old 03-25-2005

down_ should not be trusteddown_ should not be trusteddown_ should not be trusted
its a standard tranny......and im not in the financal situation to boost at the present moment.....im talking maybe like cluch stuff like that..
Old 03-25-2005

Bump
Old 03-26-2005
Registered!!

12sec elcamino is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually, a higher stall or "performance" converter will increase power loss at the tires. These converters are usually used for real high hp cars that can benefit from them by increasing the 60ft times by gaining rpm off the line using a converter with more stall "slip" at lower rpm. This is all part of a drag racing equation that gives the driver a over all lower et. One may loose some power with a loose converter but but still being able to shave off some time from the 1/4 mile by allowing the car to rev higher off the line, this makes the car launch harder and thats what drag racing is all about. In your case, unless your making alot of power a "performance converter" would make your tranny run hotter and waste gas and money. Just my opinion though. If I were you I would just get a 50 shot and copper core plugs and call it a day!
Old 03-26-2005
PC Tech / Autocrosser

PrecisnTec will become famous soon enoughPrecisnTec will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Down_
Ok so we all know we loss *** loads of pony's at the crank, are there any significant upgrades that can fix this problem???

Mathematically you are going to have to lose some power at the wheels due to the drive train. Only way you can have the crank horse power to the wheel is if you were running a direct drive one gear one wheel system.

So if you want to get the 115hp or 127hp as your wheel horse power and you are in a money crunch, then deal with it. It costs money to play and the equation is 1 hp = $100 usually. how much ya' got?
Old 03-27-2005
Registered!!

12sec elcamino is an unknown quantity at this point
My Honda is my daily driver and my Chevy is my hot rod, 1 hp = 100.00 is very expensive for imports I suppose! I have about 4 grand tied up in my cars performance parts and it runs low 12's. Thats everything from top to bottom, engine, trans, rear end. Thats just another reason for me to keep my Civic stock I guess.