General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

vafc2 question help?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mallison is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation vafc2 question help?!?!

Ok i have a problem, i have a turbo tsi extreme kit with the icu and under boost its running fine and i have a aem wideband, and i notice at idle or normal driving if you floor it it stumbles cause its leaning out according to the afr guage.

Any help there?

also am i correct in assuming on the vafc when they mean a 3% correction factor or anything positive its telling the ecu that there is more air and tricks the ecu into adding more fuel?

What im thinking is i want to go to the throttle setting and change it to where its adding more fuel at idle since the car idles around a afr of 15-16 semi warm and mid 14's to 15.5's warm.

Also i was thinking in taking the tsi icu and changing the fuel for it in the rpm settings at the lowest point to add more fuel up until say around 2500 rpm to get a head start on fuel since it leans just before boost?

any help would be great or if some one has a similair setup if they could send me their numbers and i'll put them in and see how they work.
Old 03-28-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bradmanuwf will become famous soon enough
if its leaning out and you can't adjust the vafc enough to compensate...you're not getting enough fuel to the injectors which = need better fuel system. you should get an emanage anyway emanage is the way to be. I'll have mine this summer. and yes, its tricking the ecu into adding 3% more fuel than just the map sensor is telling it to.