General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

VIS CF hood install

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005
Cocky guys kick ass!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
VIS CF hood install

I've heard VIS hoods need no hood pins. I was wondering if this is true, and if there's anything special you need to do to secure it if it doesn't need the hood pins.. thanks.
Old 01-24-2005
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
my friend has a cf hood made by VIS and it seems to fit perfectly, but I believe just for safety reasons, you should also install hood pins just incase
Old 01-24-2005
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
I never really understood how hood pins worked and where they attached to.
Old 01-24-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
My VIS hood has been installed for 10 months with no hood pins. That hood fits sooooooooooo perfect.
Old 01-24-2005
How many pots have you smoken?
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
ive had mine for like 2 weeks with no pins and its fine
Old 01-24-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
I've had my no-name brand cf hood for a couple months now ... w/o hood pins
Old 01-24-2005
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
the pins attach to ur cars frame (uses the holes beside the ones ur headlights mount to but can also be placed at other locations) and allows it to lock down just incase when going at high speeds the wind doesnt push the hood up break the latch and sending the hood into ur windshield..

I've heard that it is illegal to drive without hoodpins if u have a lightweight hood.. but i dont know
Old 01-24-2005
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
aight. thanks guys.