General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

intake question

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACURAwerx is on a distinguished road
intake question

i have injen cai, and a few times when i've been driving in the rain.. not flooding conditions or anything, just a regular shower. my intake has been making a sound like its sucking up little drops of water, and it seems that my transmission starts to shake.. im not sure if its the transmission, thats just how it feels. anyways, when that happens i get off the gas and get the car into neutral. Anyone know what is causing this? i havne't changed the filter in a year or cleaned it! does this happen to everyone or is it just me!
Old 01-05-2005
my civic has no boost

hotrodcivic2004 should not be trusted
i dont know why your transmission would be shaking but you might be getting water in the intake....get an air bypass valve for yur cai, that'll help a little bit even though its really spose to be used incase your filter gets submerged. i'm sure osme of the more experienced members will help y aout.
Old 01-05-2005
Registered!!

ur picture is funny hotrod
Old 01-05-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Get rid of the intake and get a short ram if you must have one.
Old 01-05-2005
SMX
Registered!!

SMX is on a distinguished road
It's probably not your tranny shaking, just a misfire caused by the water. Some here will argue with me, but I check/clean my filter every time I change my oil.
Old 01-05-2005
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
do you have an exhaust? 'cause i have greddy evo, and when it touches water, the piping start to shake and it will hit against the tranny, thus making the feeling of the tranny shaking.
Old 01-05-2005
Registered!!

yea i have apexi WS exhaust... i dont think that is the problem though.. i have had my intake/ exhaust set up for about 1 year, and it've only been happening in the last few months... Do u think water is kicking up and my intake is sucking it in? I think ill just take the bottom part of the intake off, and put my filter on the top part making it a short ram...
Old 01-05-2005
my civic has no boost

hotrodcivic2004 should not be trusted
Originally Posted by ACURAwerx
ur picture is funny hotrod
yeah well you let yur pal drive yur car in the winter on a long haul trip and see how u like it when he piles it into a mountain. that is my actual car i just inverted the colors. that was jan 9 of 04
Old 01-05-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think you should be worried, because most of the time the little amount of water that your filter might pick up (if it's not submerged) gets evaporated before it will cause damage.. I honestly think it might be the exhaust problem, since I recently read a thread about this.