General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

AEM Ram Air and K&N

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2001
Extreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZSKCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
AEM Ram Air and K&N

Hey everyone, I have a question about an AEM Ram Air intake. Well, first of all, does anyone know where I can find directions to install one on a 2k1 Civic EX. Next of all, if I put a K&N filter on my new Ram Air Intake, how much hp do you think I will add to my current 127HP?

--------------------------------
2001 Honda Civic
EX Automatic
Eternal Blue Pearl
Old 12-16-2001
Registered!!

01civicboi is an unknown quantity at this point
the directions for the SRI are pretty simple and the instructions it comes with should be informative enough for the install (or so i have read on this site). don't expect to beat out mustangs and type Rs once you install it. you'll probably gain 1 or 2 hp but lose some mpg because you'll rev too much due to the sound
Old 12-16-2001
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
The AEM comes with a K&N filter that is good, but you can get another Universal K&N filter that's a lot larger and will pull a bit more air....
As far as HP, you'll probably see about 2-5 for the Short Ram. And as far as gas mileage, you may get a tiny bit better gas mileage after installing it.
You will do this because you will be running more "lean" that stock..."Lean" meaning your engine will pull in more air than fuel...and "rich" means, more fuel than air...the trick is balancing that mixture out....you can do that through ignition and fuel injection.