General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Shaving of the Emblems...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of light
Shaving of the Emblems...

Can somebody please help me remove my ignorance? I want to shave my emblems but when I looked at the DIY it keeps giving me an error. Could somebody email them to me or just post the instructions here so I may perform the surgery on my ride. Maybe afterwards I can have a [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG] and try and find somebody who put wheel on their car and buy their EX wheels and tires to put on mine. I don't want to buy wheels yet until the winter is over.

Thanx peeps....
Old 12-12-2001
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
If you are just shaving the glued on emblems do this:

Take a hair dryer and warm up the emblem to be removed.

Take a piece of strong string or fishing line and draw it behind one end of the emblem.

Then using a sawing motion just pull the string to the other end of the emblem and it should fall right off.

Use WD 40 or GooGone to remove any leftover glue, and then wash and wax the area.

All done.
Old 12-12-2001
Registered!!

silverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of light
Sounds like a pretty easy thing to do. I'll need the hair dryer since it's so cold up here. Thanx bro...
Old 12-12-2001
Registered!!

bluecoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
after you take the emblem off with the fishing line there's gonna be enough gray stuff left on the car for it to pass as an emblem on its own from a distance. try to peel the bigger parts of it off before you bust out the goo-gone on whats left over. once you put goo-gone on it its gonna soak the whole thing and its hard to get the gray stuff off. ideally you'd peel the gray stuff off and use the goo-gone on the actuall adhesive that left on the car.
my .02