General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Shaving the head

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jimmy24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Shaving the head

I couln'd find anything in this forum.
Does anyone know if by shaving the head, will the compression rate will rise considerably. Enough to have a good hp increase. Taking the head off and taking it to a machine shop and get it shaved, is not that expensive. Also, there are tools available if you want to do a port job by your self, at least a little increase in the intake, TB and exhaust port diameters. Just, need to know how much!(porting).
I don't know if porting the heads by myself is possible, but I know to get it shaved it might be worth it.

If anyone know or if there is any thread on this forum, please let me know!!!!! Thanks!
Old 07-23-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
Shaving the ehads..port work..should run you about $700US..and give you about 3-5HP
Old 07-23-2002
em2

sspem2 has a spectacular aura aboutsspem2 has a spectacular aura about
[hr]Originally posted by: mohawkboom
Shaving the ehads..port work..should run you about $700US..and give you about 3-5HP[hr]
not worth $700 if ur jsut going 2 get 3-5 hp. for like $400-$500 u can get nitrous and gain 50 hp. jsut get nitrous or something thats cheaper but still will gain more hp than shaving ur head. thats IMO.
Old 07-23-2002
Registered!!

Jimmy24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh well, I though I would get more than 2-5 hp!!!!
Thanks anyway!
Old 07-23-2002
SuperMODrizd
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
get in touch with spider883, hes done it
Old 07-23-2002
Registered!!

rickinthescv will become famous soon enoughrickinthescv will become famous soon enough
I have not done anything to my Civic yet. I am pretty much enjoying all the reliability and such. But my Integra is another story. It does not have to be my daily driver, so we took it apart.

If you are going to do any serious work to your car, you need to do the total package. Raising the compression over stock will put more work on everything and you need to build the lower end to match. Right now I almost have a completely built bottom end on a B18. And I am doing some pretty good head/throttle body work to make sure it flows. Then if I add a turbo, I will be set. But even that requires fuel reworking (thus the need for the AEM computer).

There have been a lot of people that used nitrous and some have blown up thier engine. Not a pretty sight when you have to drive your car around. Maybe you should buy a used engine since they are available now and build that. Then if you completely destroy your motor, you can just drop the stock/original motor back in within a week and be driving again. Just a thought.

I guess the main problem is that Honda made our engines pretty efficient right from day one. They did this for fuel efficiency and clean air, but an efficient motor is a fast motor as well. Just remember the old engineering rule, you can pick two: fast, reliable, cheap. Never all three.

Our bays will not accept a larger engine except for maybe the K20 and that is yet to be fully realized. Yes, Hassport may have a kit soon, but I would let them worry about reality with thier budget.

Right now, save your money, the really big upgrades are going to cost. And with anything under 36K, I would savor that warranty for all its worth. Besides, there are lots of upgrades to handling and brakes that are just as important as going fast. What is speed if you cannot control your car?
Old 12-22-2003
Registered!!

navyedoc is an unknown quantity at this point
first of all, you will get a big enough boost. you will know through the rpm range. second of all, you will get like 15-20 hp by raising your compresion. 2-5??? wtf r you idiots talking about. r these your first modded cars????
Old 12-22-2003
Banned by Admin
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Master should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trusted
Originally posted by navyedoc
first of all, you will get a big enough boost. you will know through the rpm range. second of all, you will get like 15-20 hp by raising your compresion. 2-5??? wtf r you idiots talking about. r these your first modded cars????
it's a d17 remember that.
Old 12-22-2003
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
d17
Old 12-22-2003
Registered!!

navyedoc is an unknown quantity at this point
oh yah, i stand corrected. i called my boy. on the new d17 you can only shave of .2 mm. sorry. i retract my previous statement:-)