General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

My stupid alarm. Please help me quick.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mkil5 is an unknown quantity at this point
My stupid alarm. Please help me quick.

OK, I am having some big problems with my alarm in my car.
I have a 2001 Honda Civic EX 2Dr. I do not have a owner's manual, it was not with the car when I bought it. The keyless entry does not work for me.
Well I was going somewhere then i got in the car and before i even got the key to the ignition (the doors were unlocked from a trip earlier in the day in which everything was fine), the alarm started going off and the lights were flashing (headlights, taillights, and the intereior cd player, a/c, and face gauge lights flash at the same time). with a beep that beeps when the lights are on. It is the same sound as when you leave your headlights on and open the door, but it is not constant. The big problem is that it is not letting me start my car up. So how do i make it work normal again? I have flipped the little red switch right by the hood open lever. I also unplugged the battery and that did not help either. But what do I do to make it work and is there a way to just disable the stupid thing completely? Please help me I need to drive places.
Thanks
Old 06-05-2004
Don't drink and post, you will end up hilarious.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant future
O_o

I used to have alarm problems with my 01 EX sedan, never could get it fixed so....

heres a free bump
Old 06-05-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
It sounds like a dealer alarm to me if the car doesn't start because of it. Best bet is to have the dealer turn it off so you can go buy a real alarm. The OEM one is nothing but trouble.