General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Does anyone know the weight of the stock flywheel??

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vipergtsr should not be trustedvipergtsr should not be trustedvipergtsr should not be trustedvipergtsr should not be trusted
Does anyone know the weight of the stock flywheel??

I am going to replace my stock clutch with an ACT extreme performance stage 1 clutch. I am also planning to replace my stock flywheel with an XACT 11.7lb flywheel or a Prolite XACT 8.2lb flywheel. The differance is $24 and i am trying to decide if there is a benefit or a disadvantage to go with the lighter flywheel. So I am trying to compare the stock flywheel to an aftermarket one. So if anyone knows the weight of the stock on it would help me. Also does anyone have either of these flywheels.

Just a note. It is going into a '02 EX and the olny mod I have is a greddy cat back, and no more mods are planned
Old 04-21-2004
Registered!!

nivenmk1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought I heared mentioned that the stock flywheel on the D17A2's was somewhere in the 20-25lb neighbourhood. I could be a slight bit off on that.

DH racing resurfaces/shaves stock flywheels, I'd give them a call and see if they can offer you any help, unless someone else knows.

Before you buy, check the rated RPM on the flywheels. Maybe I'm just overly-paranoid, but having a shaved flywheel come apart beause I didn't check on something is a bad way to wipe your ride.
Old 04-21-2004
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Stick to the 11lbs one. I personally think 8lbs is way too light. You won't be able to transfer the power correctly.
Old 04-21-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by nivenmk1
I thought I heared mentioned that the stock flywheel on the D17A2's was somewhere in the 20-25lb neighbourhood. I could be a slight bit off on that.

DH racing resurfaces/shaves stock flywheels, I'd give them a call and see if they can offer you any help, unless someone else knows.

Before you buy, check the rated RPM on the flywheels. Maybe I'm just overly-paranoid, but having a shaved flywheel come apart beause I didn't check on something is a bad way to wipe your ride.
DH racing those paper weight bastards?? psssh hell no don't buy thier crap
Old 04-21-2004
Registered!!

Intruder is an unknown quantity at this point
I had the Streetlite flywheel for a bit over a year. It was a large improvement in throttle response, it also lead to quite a bit more vibration at idle though. I would stick with the streetlite flywheel if I were you. The lighter a flywheel is the more prone it is to warping/grenading (mine was warped after 12,000 miles) so I don't think the benefits outweight the risks of a reall light flywheel.
Old 04-21-2004
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
the good side of the lighter flywheel is that the motor revs up faster but on the downside it also loses up momentum fast so rev matching is gonna be a little more challenging if you do that
Old 04-21-2004
Registered!!

Macfay is an unknown quantity at this point
yes...StreetLite is enough...but no virbation for me though...
it just you need to give a bit more gas on startup...