General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Hood vibration: caused by cushion hood?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
zen_master is on a distinguished road
Hood vibration: caused by cushion hood?

Guys,

I got a problem here...

ok, basically....is there anybody here ever experience the vibration noise from your hood?
My experience is that when I depress the clutch pedal while not giving enough amount of gas to the engine, then there's a vibration noise coming from the engine....i think it's not about the engine, but it comes from the hood.

Now, few days ago...I opened my front bumper in oder to replace my headlight....basically, I re-install the front bumper nice and tight. I don't think that there's a problem with it...

however, I didn't realize that I was playing with the "cushion hood" which has a thread on it....seems like I tighen this cushion to the end because I think it would be better that way...

the cushion itself is number 11 on the diagram below...

NOW, I think i messed up with this thing...now i don't know the correct position in order to eliminate the freakin vibration noise!

If i tighen the cushion all the way down...the hood will close down nicely...there is only a little gap between the hood and the headlight....however, if i play around with the hood, i notice a play...which probably resulting the vibration noise..

if I untighen it too much, the hood's now really tight with the cushion and there's no play....and, the vibration noise's gone.....not totally though.....however, I noticed a big gap between the hood, the side fender and the headlight...

what should I do? can you guys post a pic of your cushion? what's the best position?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	13s5p01_b51.gif
Views:	248
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	26851  

Last edited by zen_master; 04-16-2004 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-16-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
ooooh I always thought that vibration noise was the hood stand (part 13) knocking against the hood. The sound is much louder inside the car, than when you're holding your ear right next to the front grill
Old 04-16-2004
Registered!!

nah...that should not be the problem, i guess..

number 11 is the culprit, i think...

when i noticed that you can screw/unscrew the cushion, I immedietly experimenting..

like what i said, when i just screw the cushion a little bit, leaving a lot of cushion, the hood closed so tightly.....then, the noises gone....well, not totaly...but gone...

HOWEVER, there are huge gap between the hood and the headlight...just like i said...

hm....can u take a pic on ur original cushion position?

the cushion's cheap and you can easily replace and play around with it...so im not really worried about it...because it's fixable easily...
Old 04-16-2004
Registered!!

damn...

from what i saw on most cushion in the member's ride...

they are all fully tighten...

i suspect that my cushions are bad...

i think im going to the parts store in the dealer and compare it with the new one...

who knows that mine's shorter than the new one.... Biatch..
Old 04-17-2004
Registered!!

POSSIBLE CORRECTION:

Guys, suddenly, i tried something that i thought will never work...

I tighen up the hood cushied till the bottom....note that previously, I never tried this..

suddenly, the vibrations....totally GONE...

now, this is a temporary results....because i tried just now when I went to supermarket...

i'll try experimenting again tomorrow....