General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

2001-2003 Civic Recall?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
It was all over the news recently. Honda Civics and Insights were affected.
Old 03-16-2004
Registered!!

Whelan is an unknown quantity at this point
I stopped at my dealer and talked to them for a bit. I asked about the headlight wiring harness being defective and the guy looked at me and said "Your not supposed to know about that yet." I was like "why not" He told me that it wasnt officially disclosed and that Honda is sending out information about it and the recall within the next month. I aslo asked about the headlights and they said that the best thing would be to switch them back to stock so they can do the recall without having arguments about the lamps.

So in closing, yes there is a recall you can put your BS flag down and wait to hear. As far as I know it doesnt affect 2003 civics although my friends mom's 2003 LX sedan had a light blow for no reason right after she bought the car.
Old 03-17-2004
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
:zbsflag:
Old 03-17-2004
The Beez Kneez

people are always talking about recalls i'll beleive it when i see it!!!
if you want to prove me wrong, pm me when it happens and you can say i told you so. i'll give you 100 points for being right even.
sorry i just dont beleive it, they prolly should but they wont!
Old 03-17-2004
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
My black car got my dad into a ticket because one of the bulbs were blown out during the first year of driving it......
Old 03-17-2004
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
I just got back from the dealership and i told them about the back shocks making an annoying noise and my a/c clicks and my paint is chipping and my lows are burnt out and they said there is no recall on our cars, but they are gonna fix all the problems. When i get my car back saturday i will tell ya'll what they say about the shocks.
Old 03-17-2004
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by 4drcivic2k1
this is nice to hear. my car blows a headlight bulb about every other month and seeing as how its driven 80% at night it gets gay real fast.
Lmao OMG I actually was laughing out loud at that expression!
Old 03-17-2004
Registered!!

JCap is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I got my car back from the dealer....

They replaced my front struts under warranty (I was @ 99,500 kms, suspension warranty was extened to 100,000 kms from 60,000 kms). The reason for all my noises, popping, knocking was because my front struts were leaking (at least that's the explanation on my invoice).

I wouldn't say it drives like a dream, but at least I'm not bouncing around anymore when I hit a rut in the road. It just gives me more time to wait for Tokiko or KYB to come out with something...... (like that will ever happen).
Old 03-17-2004
The Beez Kneez

get some koni's
or full hayame replacements
Old 03-19-2004
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Ok so the dealership called me today and said they did find a recall on our cars, also the shock problem was my cv joints they were already warn out. They repainted my whole roof and fixed my lights and the clicking in my a/c...SO IF YOU ARE WONDERING THERE IS A RECALL ON OUR CARS, 2002 CIVICS
Old 03-19-2004
Registered!!

18inchpride is an unknown quantity at this point
does honda have paint warrenties!??????????????????????????????????????? explain
Old 03-19-2004
250+ awhp Stage 2

Umm sort of...my paint on my roof was chipping, and so they repainted it. I think they do, my car is still under 30,000 miles, so it prolly is til whenever your warrenty runs out. I am not for sure about it. All i know is they are repainting it no questions asked