General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

sidemarker help (wiring)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Ahh...my post disappeared! Here it is again. Just installed sidemarkers and tapped into the red turn signal wire. They should be staying on with parking lights AND flashing with turn signals. Now they just stay on and don't work with the signals. What should I do? The bulbs are 194 (I think single filament if that matters). APC brand, but they look nice.
Old 11-07-2003
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Okay I've searching around and I guess it's the bulb. Do they make dual filament 194 bulbs or equivalent? They're the small ones like for the front parking lights.
Old 11-07-2003
Search and Learn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Thats probably why. There is dual filament 194/168 bulbs. Im searching now.
or you could have wired wrong

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...gry5=HEADLIGHT

#7. my si stock amber 194/168 sidemarket bulb

Last edited by civicvtec1ps; 11-07-2003 at 10:37 PM.
Old 11-07-2003
Premium Member

Thanks, but I wanted a clear one rather than amber so it matches the headlights. I'll just leave it so they stay on for now. Thanks for looking.
Old 11-07-2003
Premium Member

Now I'm wondering if I put the markers on the right way. Does that bump on one side go to the back or front?
Old 11-07-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Originally posted by gearbox
Now I'm wondering if I put the markers on the right way. Does that bump on one side go to the back or front?
mex's sidemarkers

Bump is facing front. i think he put it on wrong side.
My sidemarker's bump is facing rear

Last edited by civicvtec1ps; 11-07-2003 at 11:02 PM.
Old 11-07-2003

Vinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of light
yeah ....suppose to be on the rear
Old 11-07-2003
Premium Member

That sucks. Now I have to go out and fix it. It's so cold. Thanks
Old 11-09-2003
Premium Member

So civicvtec1ps, the bulb you posted above for the side marker comes on with the lights AND flashes with the signal?