General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

clutch problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03civicdx is an unknown quantity at this point
clutch problem

I bought a brand new 03 civic dx and Ive had my car for all of two months and its only got about 2400 miles on it. But sometimes i feel like when i go from 1st to second my clutch doesnt engange right everytime. Ill put the pedal the same place i always do and sometimes it just doesnt catch and ill grind second gear, at first i thought i was just driving sloppy but then i realized thats pretty unlikely for the amount of driving i do and the expierence i have driving stick so i thought it may be a clutch problem. Does anyone have any ideas of why this is happenening, and im really not looking for answers of "learn how to shift" or "push the clutch in" it makes people look dumb im looking for a real answer or non at all thanks
Old 10-20-2003
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
it may not be a clutch problem, it could be the transmission its self. I'd take it to the dealership and have them check it out. My $.02
Old 10-20-2003
Registered!!

03civicdx is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah its gonna be in at the shop today for a stain defender stuff on my seats and carpet (200 bucks and they will replace parts that get stained (ie the hole seat cool stuff)) and ill see if they can duplicate the problem, its still got warentee and im gonna ride that warrentee to the last minute
Old 10-20-2003
SuperMODrizd
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
i rode the warranty for all its worth, i had my tranny rebuilt under warranty.....take it back to dealer, more than likely the syncros are messed up or its a bad clutch thats slipping already, im betting on the syncros if u got the pedal to floor and its grinding