General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Question about radiator hose

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003
7thgen Man-gina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01WingsWestCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Question about radiator hose

ive got a hose sleeving kit which includes some sleeving to do the radiator hose. everytime i disconnect the radiator hose fluid spews all over me and fvcks up my air force ones i unscrewed the cap on top of the radiator which i thought would releave the pressure, but there was still fluid leaking out, so anyone have any ideas? should i add some since i had a little leak? thanks in advance
Old 08-18-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
First, go to the parts store and buy the proper coolant, your gonna need some. Its very important that you use the right coolant, when in doubt talk to a Honda Tech. Or, if you dont want to use the proper coolant and go cheap, just use some distilled water. This is assuming you didnt waste too much when draining..

On the bottom of the radiator is a drain plug for the coolant. When the engine and radiator has cooled off, unscrew the the plug and release enough coolant to remove your upper hose. Do your sleeving then top off the radiator.

BTW.. I know some peeps who've drained their radiator into a clean container and re-used it. I dont recommend it unless your certain you know what your doing.
Old 08-19-2003
7thgen Man-gina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01WingsWestCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
hey, thanks for the info.. this will be my nightly project