Hybrid Engine/IMA battery system The hybrid have a very different engine and Battery system (IMA), so this forum is for items related to the Hybrid cars alone. If they are same as the regular cars, please post there instead.

honda civic hybird 2004 hv battery add water

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2021
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
james wang is an unknown quantity at this point
honda civic hybird 2004 hv battery add water

i got one hch1,ima light on for long time,since there is no new battery stick for sale lacally,i founded someone on the internet to add water to the battery to repair it,i tried it during this period and i was ok now,i am very happy ,share it with everyone.

Old 06-20-2021
Registered!!

Re: honda civic hybird 2004 hv battery add water

the capacity of this car's battery is greatly improved after adding water. It can discharge to 6.95v after full charge for more than 20 minutes. I use a car air pump to discharge a single rod. The discharge current is about 10A. It should have a capacity of 1 hour every 6 minutes. It should have a capacity of more than 3 hours without full discharge. For this car, it should be enough that the light is off. In addition, the internal resistance of the battery is also reduced. There is no battery tester, so there is no specific number. Each rod has 6 cells. Drill with a 1.5mm drill, inject 10ml of water into each cell with a syringe (tap water can be used if there is no distilled water). Finally, weld and seal the small hole with an electric soldering iron, and then place it vertically for 30 minutes. After charging, the rod is fully charged and discharged to about 6.8v, with 2 cycles. Finally, all rods are discharged to 6.95v for installation. After being installed in the car, disconnect the 12V battery for 1 minute, Turn it on and charge it there, and then it's OK.
Old 07-18-2021
Registered!!

Re: honda civic hybird 2004 hv battery add water

I noticed that everyone is not very interested in adding water, but I still want to share with you this low-cost solution. I have two hybrid batteries, the first and second generation batteries. I found that the first generation battery seems The internal materials are better. After adding water, the self-discharge and capacity have been greatly improved. There is no problem for at least about 4 weeks. The mpg has been greatly improved, about 47, and it was about 33 before. The battery temperature was monitored. It's about 28c, which is completely acceptable. The fan hasn't been running for a long time. I feel quite satisfied.mpg=km/l*2.35

Last edited by james wang; 07-18-2021 at 03:09 AM.