Hybrid Engine/IMA battery system The hybrid have a very different engine and Battery system (IMA), so this forum is for items related to the Hybrid cars alone. If they are same as the regular cars, please post there instead.

Hot hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rokki is an unknown quantity at this point
Hot hybrid

From AAA magazine:

Honda Civic Hybrid

It looks cool. It gets great gas mileage. It has an iPod hookup. What more could the trendy commuter want?

Not much, it would seem. But the Civic Hybrid is sure to also appeal to drivers who are less hip. Even those who wouldn't know a podcast from a cast-iron pot will appreciate the improvements Honda has made to the latest-generation Civic.

For starters, the Civic is better looking that its predecessors, and it's quieter, too. And even thought it's not really a look-at-me car like the Toyota Prius, it has plenty of space-age touches inside, including a dashboard gauge that indicates how many mpg the gar is getting at any given moment.

So how does it drive? It stutters as the gas engine engages after a stop, and the engine roars under hard acceleration. Still, despite its meager 110 horsepower, it's fast enough. What's more, the car performs beautifully in crash tests, and it averages 44 mpg. You don't have to be a hipster to see the value in that.
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

JewelBeetle is an unknown quantity at this point
The Civic Hybrid seems to be getting a lot of positive reviews...makes me wish more and more that I could afford one right now.

I've always thought the Civic was a nice-looking car, though looks are not my top priority when car shopping.
Old 04-30-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by JewelBeetle
I've always thought the Civic was a nice-looking car, though looks are not my top priority when car shopping.
You're right. Looks shouldn't be a high priority when shopping for a car. However, this is something you're going to be looking at and inside of for many years. If you don't like how it looks, you're not going to be happy in the long run.
Old 05-03-2006
Registered!!

imported_Sam is an unknown quantity at this point
So its like a fashion statement now?
I think they are trying to market the hybrid to the young cool crowd.. thing is most of those people dont know much about cars anyway.
Old 05-04-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Sam
I think they are trying to market the hybrid to the young cool crowd.. thing is most of those people dont know much about cars anyway.
I like that the Civic and Accord hybrids look like regular cars. The Insight is ugly. I never got into Saturn cars because they are ugly. I've tried to get past it for the value of the car, but can't. I bought my CRX because it was the cutest thing. Turned out to be a great car, but I paid too much because I was charmed and ignorant.
Old 05-04-2006
Registered!!

Gotham Dark Knight is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Sam
Of course...the wisdom there is..getting them young and they will be in the Honda Hybrid family for the rest of thier lives...you are taking aim at a few car purchases over a lifetime...not just a one and out deal.
Old 05-08-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Gotham Dark Knight
Of course...the wisdom there is..getting them young and they will be in the Honda Hybrid family for the rest of thier lives...you are taking aim at a few car purchases over a lifetime...not just a one and out deal.
Do you really think that a young hybrid owner will be a hybrid owner for life? My first car was a Dodge. I don't know that I care to own another one. Then I had two Nissans, Honda, Mazda, and two Chevrolets. I may be a Chevy gal from now on. Or at least until DH doesn't get GM pricing anymore.
Old 05-10-2006
Registered!!

TomH is an unknown quantity at this point
They might own Hybrids for life, who knows.
They wont own the same one that they buy now, but if Hybrids are the way of the future then they may not go back to regular cars.
Old 05-14-2006
Registered!!

hotwheels is an unknown quantity at this point
In this day and age, I would say yes they would probably be hybrid owners for life. Although, I'm sure that a lot of gasoline cars will always be popular, like the older muscle cars and antiques. Ideally, I would like to have a hybrid for every day driving and a couple of other pleasure cars.
Old 05-14-2006
Registered!!

imported_Mikey is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by hotwheels
In this day and age, I would say yes they would probably be hybrid owners for life. Although, I'm sure that a lot of gasoline cars will always be popular, like the older muscle cars and antiques. Ideally, I would like to have a hybrid for every day driving and a couple of other pleasure cars.

hehe who wouldnt?
I would like a car for everyday of the week.... its not practical or possible though.