Hybrid Engine/IMA battery system The hybrid have a very different engine and Battery system (IMA), so this forum is for items related to the Hybrid cars alone. If they are same as the regular cars, please post there instead.

Intermittent accessory problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
noisylissa is an unknown quantity at this point
Intermittent accessory problems

I'm bad at car terminology, so not sure if I title this well. I recently inherited a 2005 honda civic hybrid. I don't really know anything about the vehicle, or how well it's been maintained. I am having a problem with intermittent failure of various features of the car. The lights that light up the dash and the shift lever don't always come on, but usually start working if the car has been running for 20 minutes or so. The auto-stop feature doesn't work most of the time, but occasionally kicks in. The cruise control was working intermittently and then stopped working completely for several months now. I think it might be an issue with one or two fuses, but have no idea where to look. I checked the labels on the fuse box that's below the steering wheel, but I don't know what the labels mean, and didn't want to pull out every single fuse. I think there's a second fuse box under the hood, but I haven't found it. Looking for suggestions as to what such a fuse might be caused (if that's the problem), where the second fuse box would be, and if you have any other suggestions of what might cause this problem.