Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

Owner Manual (PDF Request)

Old 03-06-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xhadow is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Owner Manual (PDF Request)

Hello, i bought the honda civic SI 1999 version used from another guy i know nothing of cars in my world is just gasoline and everything is OK, but found the hard way it is not, when i got it to service they asked me what kind of oil did i want to take in... asked around and they told me 15w20 and i was searching around and found that people says 5w20 i dont know... and now my vtec wont kicking guess i was trying to get it at a cold engine dont know... anyways i want the owner manual cause i want to read all precautions that i need to have... cause i dont know nothing and i am feeling that i am killing my car.... if anyone got the virtual version or something please share it.

Many thanks
Old 03-06-2010
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Owner Manual (PDF Request)

It should take 5w-30. That's what my 2000 Si takes. You might have low oil pressure as well. I switched oil filter brands when I got my car because sometimes my VTEC didn't engage. Went from the Napa one that came with the car when I bought it used to the Hamp oil filters. Have you checked spoonertuner.com? I got a PDF for 6th gen Civics, which also included the required stuff for Si models.
Old 03-06-2010
Registered!!

xhadow is an unknown quantity at this point

So i went to the service and they checked the oil and it was worst than my wallet EMPTY! i hope i didnt damage the motor... :S the guy told me it was eating up the OIL since where i park the car there are no trace of oil on the floor so they filled it up with non synthethic 15w40 or 15w20 i dont remember well, and poer came back again cars feels very powerful when i press on gas :3 it even squitch the tires XD.... SO.... i am glad that a 4 wheel brother :3 gives me some advices going to search for the PDF many thanks MelJ.

---------------------------------------------

i am there i can only find the Non SI versions are they the same?

Last edited by xhadow; 03-06-2010 at 02:21 PM. Reason: TO not make another post
Old 03-06-2010
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

You just need the 6th gen Civic manual. I forget the years, but it ends at 2000. You'll just have to search through the PDF file IIRC. I think this site has manuals as well. I really don't use it too much though because I have an AllData account. I wish I could help more, but my phone is my only source of internet use for the next couple of days. For the most part, most stuff is probably gonna be the same. Brakes, suspension, that kind of stuff isn't going to be much of a procedure difference. Obivously the tranny and motor are gonna differ though. Hopefully some of the other members can help. I only know a little about Hondas since I've only had this car for a year.