Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

atf cooler hose, is fuel line okay?

Old 12-11-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
atf cooler hose, is fuel line okay?

im in the middle of a problem, my atf cooler hoses gave up today and started leaking fluid from cracks. so i had to walk a mile in the snow to the nearest auto store and grab the only 3/8 inch rubber hose they had-regular bulk fuel line (not fuel injection). is this okay for the atf fluid? there is not much pressure for the atf system, but i heard its better to use atf hose because the fuel hose may dissolve or something. but i think if gas is okay then oil should be too?? i need an answer asap thanks guys. i dont know where to get atf hose and dont have alot of time to figure out a place that has it. and no transportation either, moms accord has a leaking waterpump
Old 12-12-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: atf cooler hose, is fuel line okay?

well if anyone cares, i walked a mile in deep snow to kragen, bought some fuel hose, and used that to limp the car to autozone, where i bought some goodyear atf cooler hose and am trying to install that now. there is def a difference in the two types of hose, and im glad i found the good stuff. i need to finish that up, check the fluid level again (alot of it spilled out the hoses) and then reseal my headlights again. which means another walk to the store lol.
Old 12-12-2009
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Good to know there is a difference. Unfortunately you have to walk in the snow. Good luck on the fix!
Old 12-12-2009
Premium Member

got everything put in and seems like it worked out, i still need to drive it around somehow and add a lil fluid. now starts my headlights