General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Wheres the fuel line?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dr5D is an unknown quantity at this point
Wheres the fuel line?

I need to, "Find the inbound fuel line and locate the section closest to the carburetor or fuel injectors."
Will somebody please lead me to this - maybe even take a quick pic with a digicam?
Old 01-08-2002
Registered!!

ModNewbieHELPME is an unknown quantity at this point
It'll be behond the engine block and about two inches into the space there. near the throttlebody. If you take out the stock intake it makes it easier to find it. If memory serves it is a black line that says fuel in small white letter...I was shown once but wasn;t really paying attention as I was unbolting my intake.
Old 01-08-2002
Registered!!

I'll go and look, but I think I'll need a bit more info[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-18-2002
Registered!!

Hey! i posted this before all the probles and down time and never got much of an answer.
I really need to know where this thing is.
Old 01-18-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
If you posted it 10 days ago, and the forum has been down several days, and you still didn't find it on your own or get some help, then don't chastise the members here cause of your own failings. Go find someone that knows or just take off the air cleaner and look to see where the fuel line goes in to the throttle body and trace the damn thing from there. That's what most people would do. Or go ask the Honda man.
Old 01-18-2002
Registered!!

I'm not chastiseing anybody, I just wanted to ask again since I didnt get any answer and since everything was down nobody could answer. As for why I didnt find it already - I looked around back there and none of the ones I could see didnt say fuel or anything like that on them that I could see, but I didnt take anything off either cause I only have a small idea of where to look. So I have to take out the whole air filter box??? you dont need to reprimand me for ignorance.

btw - ive only slept like 6 or 7 hours over the past 3 days and I am very tired and in a confused state right now anyways...... |-o
Old 01-18-2002
Premium Member

"Hey! i posted this before all the probles and down time and never got much of an answer" Apears to be a complaint, but never the less:

Take the top off the air cleaner box. There are bolts around the edges and one in the middle. Set that aside, then take out the paper air filter and set it aside. Reach down to the right rear of the air cleaner base and you will find a clamp (like a radiator clamp) with a 8 mm head on it. Take a 8 mm socket and loosen that clamp. Once the clamp is loose you should be able to pull off the air cleaner base. This may take a little jerk of force, but not too much.

Now you can see the round throttle body behind the engine. It will have a brass buttefly disk valve in the top., The throttle cables from your acclerator and maybe the the cruise control will be near it. Look for the line that goes into the throttle bocy. It will be maybe 1/4 inch diameter. That should be the incoming fuel line. Trace that line back to where you need to look. You should be able to trace it all the way back to the gas tank if needed.

Do this slow and a step at a time and observe what you are doing so you can put everything back on when you are done.

That's about the best I can do.
Old 01-18-2002
Premium Member

I'm going to one of the parts sites to see if there is a diagram of the throttle body.
Old 01-18-2002
Premium Member

Click here for diagram of the EX throttle body

Air Cleaner Diagram

It ain't gonna get much better.
Old 01-19-2002
Registered!!

Thanks this is great! I should be able to find it simply now[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-19-2002
Premium Member

You are welcome and I hope you are now able to solve the problem or do what you need to do to your car.

Keep a bookmak on that Majestic Honda parts site. They also have the directions for installing Honda OEM aftermarket parts. I use it a lot. You can also select different models and years.

The ring clamp that holds the air cleaner to the throttle body and bolt are items 10 and 14.

The air cleaner base is held on by the two bolts in the front, items 13. There is one on each side of the front and they are brass color and have the rubber washers on them. (I forgot to tell you to take those off before removing the base. Thay are easy to see on the drawing and on the actual unit itself. Also you will need to just pull out the air temperature sensor on the right side, item 5. Be sure to put that back in the rubber grommet hole when you reassemble.