Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

how long does it take to install a turbo?

Old 07-05-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cpotts08 is an unknown quantity at this point
how long does it take to install a turbo?

ah so i got a 99 civic ex..

basically stock

and i want it fast, quick.

so i figure a turbo is the way to go..but alot of kids have told me to start small and work up to that..
so what should i do to start with, ive got a cold air intake and a holley catback exhaust...and how much time does a turbo normally take to install

im new to this forum so feel free to email me and welcome me in..

chris
Old 07-06-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: how long does it take to install a turbo?

You could install it overnight if you know your stuff, or if its just you and you have no idea what your doing, could even take a month between work and stuff. You'll probably run into problems. I'd suggest if your not doing your own oil changes, and run into a bunch of problems with the simple boltons, then you probably wanna leave the install to a shop, which may take a few days to a week or 2 to do the full install and tune it- really depends on how fast the installer works, their knowledge, and if they can get the car some time with the tuner.
Old 07-06-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

You have a lot to learn, my young Jedi. Some guys on here that know their stuff have run into problems with the install, and have had their cars apart for a month or more. Start looking around the site, you'll find all sorts of threads about people installing turbos. And like triz said, if you're new to modding, installing at turbo should not be one of your first DIY adventures.
Old 07-06-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Word to that. The physical install of the parts shouldn't take that long, maybe 7-8 hours if you take your time. Its the troubleshooting, tuning, testing, and normal screw-ups that add to the time of the job. Definitely not a first DIY mod, unless you're just dropping the car off and writing a check.
Old 07-06-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

3 hours, 12 minutes, 37 seconds
Old 07-06-2007

Yeah but can you do it blindfolded? You're no GI Jane!!
Old 07-06-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

how is this not locked yet??`
Old 07-07-2007

Because its funny. I want to know how long it takes andyman to install a turbo when he's blindfolded. I used to be able do my M16 in 4 minutes but that was a long time ago and I only shoot one 2-3 times a year now.
Old 07-07-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

I've never had any personal experience with turbos, but I do have experience with regular bolt ons, and I'm sure that just getting all the parts in the engine bay isn't the hard part. The hard part is having all the right tools, and being able to tune it after you get it in. I'm going to order my own Dezod kit one day in the future and hopefully be able to get that in over a weekend. Because even though you might know how to get it all done, you might be tired etc.
I think if you are familiar with the basics of an engine you can do it. How long it takes you is up to the installer. If you drink a cold beer after every part you put in, it'll probably take longer!
Old 07-07-2007

Ahhh....but its the journey not the destination. I have over 40 parts on my turbo list. I think I'd be pretty well tanked by the end of it!
Old 07-08-2007
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

dont drink and think bad things happen like clints boost haha