Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

upgrading

Old 10-08-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emerald26 is an unknown quantity at this point
upgrading

Hi everyone, i am new to this forum. my question is how can i add more power to my 97 honda civic dx? right now it is all stock.
Old 10-08-2009
Registered!!

OCDjG will become famous soon enough
Re: upgrading

Welcome to the forums...

Search is your friend. Since you were not very clear with your request people will have no idea if you want to go N/A or F/I. We don't know what your budget is and we don't know what your goals are so you're not going to get a whole bunch of answers. That or you'll get too many answers and options. Look around the site. You should find all the info you need.
Old 10-08-2009
Registered!!

dcKaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by emerald26
Hi everyone, i am new to this forum. my question is how can i add more power to my 97 honda civic dx? right now it is all stock.
I always start with a cold air intake, if your wanting to turbo you better have a pretty large amount of cash in your bank lol. Nitrous is a cheaper alternative but some way with boost depending on what shot/lbs you want to run with will not agree with your motor and it wont last as long as it would. Depends what kind of performance your looking for as well. So let us know what your wanting out of your car. N/A You can go with headers/intake/exhaust/ and then start messing with your engine.
Old 02-01-2010
Registered!!

emerald26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info, right now i am working on replacing my shocks on my 97 civic dx. But i am wondering if it is cheaper to replace my shocks with factory shocks or do the lowering kit. if the lowering kit is cheaper, where is a good place to get the parts and what do i need to do the lowering?