Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

Is it possible to put gauges from a 07 civic into an 03?

Old 07-16-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shane.Anthony is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it possible to put gauges from a 07 civic into an 03?

I HAVE SOME GAUGES FROM A 2007 CIVIC AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOW IF IT WAS POSSIBLE TO PUT THEM INTO MY 2003 Si.
Old 07-16-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is it possible to put gauges from a 07 civic into an 03?

first, they wont fit on the car. shape and mounting is completely different, so is the bezel cover. second, the connectors dont fit. so youre gonna have to find one that has the stock connectors cut out of it (possibly junkyard but usually harness is sold separately). then you have to find wire diagrams for both cars, cut and splice the wires together, and cross your fingers that MOST of the functions work the way theyre supposed to. i have no idea if analog and digital signals are even compatible.
Old 07-16-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

not to mention the most important thing! 06+ civics have a DOUBLE instrument cluster. the bottom piece only has a tach on it and warning lights. the top digital display in the dash has all the speed, fuel, and temp readouts. so unless all you want is a tach on your car, its useless to even try this.
Old 07-17-2009
Registered!!

well, yes i understand that i have to fabricate the 2 pieces into my dash but that not a problem...thats the easy part..i have the gauges both the tach and the digital speedometer...just trying to see if anyone knows if all the functions are going to work, and if the digital speedometer is going to work
Old 07-17-2009
Registered!!

i already have all of the connectors and what not, i work at a body shop and i got the gauges out a front clip that i had ordered, tested them and they work fine
Old 07-17-2009
Premium Member

get ahold of both wire diagrams (for the new cluster and your car) and try to connect them according to name. try the digital part first since thats the one that may not work at all. if nothing happens when you connect it, theres not much else you can do. it requires a different type of signal either from the newer ecu or the multiplex control unit.