Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

Installation of headlights

Old 02-07-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B1KWDW is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Installation of headlights

Hi!!
New to this but I had a couple of questions that I hoped someone could answer for me. I ordered halo projection headlights and Altezza tailights today. Will my front bumper need to be removed to install them? If so, how hard is this to do? Annnd....someone told me to be careful with these headlights because they can leak water. He told me that he has heard of ppl opening them up and resealing them before installation.
BTW, I do not have an owners manual for my car. Its a 2007 Civic Si Sedan.

Waiting anxiously for some advice!!
Old 02-07-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Installation of headlights

just check around the edges to be sure there is sealant showing. most are sealed very well and its the people who forget the rubber rings and boots that have problem. bumper needs to come off, its usually held on with screws and clips, then you pull it off.
Old 07-19-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JREJ8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Installation of headlights

depends ebay headlights suck they wont adjust properly and they point in whichever direction they want and yeah they can leak but like gearbox said cheak the edges. the taillights are easy the rear bumper dosent have to come off I dont think. but yeah your front bumper will have to come off I think and it should be easy if its anything like my SiR. for my EJ8, theres two bolts under the bumper and one in each wheel well and a bunch of clips under the hood. Good luck