Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

R18 turbo kit.

Old 08-31-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kaz135 is an unknown quantity at this point
R18 turbo kit.

does anyone know if i can get an R18 turbo kit cheaper then 2800$ seems well priced just wondering. found one. they just came out for the 2006 and up civics. ?
Old 09-01-2008
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all
Re: R18 turbo kit.

all i can say is....
do your research on this R18 and any Turbo kit and/or the company making it. I found one company that was ripping peeps off badly!! another seized to make one after i had waited months for it. Its a touch one becuase of the headgasket (there are grooves along all the cylinders making it difficult to make a HG to withstand any boost pressures), and also that that big *** black valve thing hanging off the front of the engine (EGR valve) is complicated due to the fact that both the intake and exhaust port into one.

look into it!
Old 09-04-2008
Registered!!

kaz135 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks man, looks pretty solid though.. heres the link its akit by pro civic but the turbos a gt25 garrett turbo...no cheapie..

http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...963/index.html
Old 09-04-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

IMHO i would try and save for a kswap instead of turbo the r18. i honestly think there is no potential in that motor at all. i mean what kind of head only has 2 ports? or is it only 1? no clue. if your gonna spend 3k on that turbo set up you can probably spend around that same amount of money for a base model k swap.
Old 09-04-2008
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

^Agreed!!

i was in the exact same boat not too long ago with a R18 Civic!
NOT worth it after you look into it man, and NO...it has NO potential as a boosted engine. Either buy a K20 for a swap or just buy an Si bro'

youll be happier with the Si model imho however...with that being said, the Si still is not what its all bagged out to be. On a good day i think its best 1/4 time was like close to 14 sec? cant remember the exact time on it but i also think it was mildly hopped up?

anyhow...have fun!
Old 09-04-2008
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

Whats so bad about a 14 sec quarter mile? That's pretty quick for a stock car.
Old 09-04-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by FGCOUPE
....also think it was mildly hopped up?
ummm?
again, my buddy had the Si (k20) and he too got rid of his Civic. All the money spent on aftermarket parts for midrange power?
Old 04-26-2009
Registered!!

Rauser is an unknown quantity at this point

I was wonder if what else i need for my car other than whats already in the turbo kit i have an 09 civic dx so i deffinately don't want to blow anything up. i was looking at the one on procivic.com are there any cheaper ones?