Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

rear airbag cover

Old 07-26-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pbjb is an unknown quantity at this point
rear airbag cover

Have any of you with the Civic 06 coupe had problems with the covering on the rear passenger airbags? Mine seems to be peeling up. The dealer fixed it once, but it returned a day later. All of the models on the lot seemed to be having the same problem. The dealer said there was nothing more they could do, other than maybe gluing it. I don't feel comfortable driving around with a glued on airbag cover. I called Honda customer service, and they were going to check into it, but it didn't sound promising. Their reaction, I felt, was that I would just have to live with it. It is definitely a poor design problem, in my view.
Old 07-27-2006
Registered!!

vtechsi is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by pbjb
Have any of you with the Civic 06 coupe had problems with the covering on the rear passenger airbags? Mine seems to be peeling up. The dealer fixed it once, but it returned a day later. All of the models on the lot seemed to be having the same problem. The dealer said there was nothing more they could do, other than maybe gluing it. I don't feel comfortable driving around with a glued on airbag cover. I called Honda customer service, and they were going to check into it, but it didn't sound promising. Their reaction, I felt, was that I would just have to live with it. It is definitely a poor design problem, in my view.
sound like a problem that they are not aware of of haven't had many complaints about.... when they get enough complaints then that when something will get done like a recall!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
Old 07-28-2006
Registered!!

05blkrs is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds to me like the interiors on the new civic SUCKS i should make a whole section about "06 civic interior problems"