Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Longevity Mods and Maintenance

Old 06-07-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eagleye88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Longevity Mods and Maintenance

Hello everyone! I am new to this website, but not very new to Hondas. My question is just what the title says. Is there any mods to keep our cars running for a very long time. I have looked and can't seem to find any threads on here about this.

I drive a diesel truck as well and there are mods we do to keep are trucks lasting a while such as preventative mods that we know cause problems later on and get replaced. Or high mileage continued maintenance lists. Etc. hope this helps not just myself out but others with their cars. Thank you!!
Old 06-07-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Longevity Mods and Maintenance

You got a specific car in mind?
Old 06-07-2018
Registered!!

RobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the rough

His car.
Old 06-07-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobertD
His car.
Right..

If only there were some way to know what year/make/model/trim/body etc his car is.....

Old 06-07-2018
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

How to make a random Honda of unknown type last a long time?

Step 1: prevent the body from rusting away to nothingness
Step 2: use quality fuel
Step 3: Keep all fluids full of correct fluid
Step 4: Fix problems as they occur
Step 5: Don't mod the car with hare brain mods read on an internet forum.......

This may come as a surprise to many but Honda has lots of experience and lots of highly paid engineers that exist for the sole purpose of doing exactly what this thread is asking.
Old 06-07-2018
Registered!!

Eagleye88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 98 Honda Civic DX. No mods done to it with about 184k on it. I don't plan on modding it. Only replacements have been a manual window mechanism replacement, a radiator, and a drivers side front axle. With the obvious wear and tear items.