40K Service for 2010 Civic - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2015   #1
Registered!!

puppyfat100 is an unknown quantity at this point
40K Service for 2010 Civic

Hi all,

Just moved to a new city and scheduled a 40K service with a new mechanic. I asked what they usually perform for the 40K service and how much it costs, and here's what he said :
Oil change & filter
Tire rotation
Break adjusment
Full inspection (filter, fluids, breaks)
Air filter, cabin filter, and wiper
Alignment (if needed)
Throttle body service for engine
Which he said costs ~553$ including tax including alignment. If without alignment, it costs 460$.

Is this pretty normal?? I'm about to make a ~400 mile drive in a month or so, so I'd like to veer on the safe side (to not risk being stranded in the middle of nowhere)!

Thank you very much in advance!
puppyfat100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015   #2
30 Years Driving Japanese Autos

CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 40K Service for 2010 Civic

RUN, Fast !!

You likely need stuff though.....just don't let this person do it.
CraigW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015   #3
Where's that music coming from?

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

What does your owners manual say about service/maintenance?

What services have already been done up to this point?
ezone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015   #4
Where's that music coming from?

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigW View Post
RUN, Fast !!

.....just don't let this person do it.
Yeah, this.

Quote:
Throttle body service for engine
Oh no. Don't do this to our drive-by-wire engines unless you have the equipment necessary to do throttle adaptation/relearn.

You don't have it, and I'm pretty sure the person you spoke with doesn't either.
ezone is online now   Reply With Quote